Home Alone

I hated waking up in the morning. Every fucking morning I wake up into meant Friday is getting closer and closer. I threw the pillow on the floor and marched to the bathroom. Every day, Maine would make sure Im still sleeping when she leaves to her "personal" trips and would come back very late. The only thing I look forward to everyday now are those nights she slip into my arms to sleep. And every night I hugged her closer, as close as humanly possible.

Teka! When was the last time Maine woke me up in the middle of the night? Tama ba? The last time was before we left for Liverpool? Probably days before that. When she grabbed me and called my name!

I stayed up so late last night listening her soft breathing. I couldnt help it, I only get to be with her when shes sleeping. Enjoying her warmth in my arms, I didnt even realized she slept like a baby the whole time! Is it possible she forgot about Jake?

Is it possible? Or its just my wishful thinking? Because lately, its torture waiting for her to come home. I have been spending my days sulking in my apartment, playing playstation most of the time until my eyes would hurt. And then I would pretend to be busy when she comes home. Telling me where she went and what she did.

Yesterday she told me, she finally took the courage to ride on the London Eye. She even showed her pictures, she looked very nervious but so happy. And all the time, I wanted to kick myself that I let her go alone. Why wasnt I with her? Why wouldnt she let me come with her?

She arrived a bit early today. I was still sitting on my sofa, playing some stupid game.

"Hi, Alden!" She said, the moment she entered the apartment. "Ang dilim naman dito! Baka masira mata mo dyan!"

She opened the curtains and the sun light almost blinded me.

"Aga mo ah! May araw pa nandito ka na."

"How was your day?"

"Perfect!"

"Talaga? Anong ginawa mo?"

"Wala. Nagplay station lang."

"Tinawagan mo na ba si Tere?" She knew I was procastinating calling Tere because lately I am in no mood to do anything at all.

"Bukas na."

"Halika na nga! May dala akong pizza. Kain muna tayo."

"Okay." I stood up and followed her in the kitchen. "Bat ba ang aga mo?"

"Well, I have seen everything. Saka kailangan ko na mag-empake. Maglalaba pa ko ng mga damit. Last day ko na bukas."

She handed me a slice of pizza.

"Aalis ka na nga pala. Excited ka na siguro umuwi."

"Hindi naman." She took a bite on her slice. "Saka diba? Tonight yung dinner natin with Matt and Sofia."

Fuck! I almost forgot about our reservation tonight.

"Wag mong sabihing nakalimutan mo pa? Eh ikaw ng nagpareserve nun. May isusuot ka na ba?"

"Yeah."

"Good."

We were both caught off guard when someone started knocking on the door.

"May bisita ka?" Maine asked.

I shook my hand and stood up to check whos on the door.

"Hi!" Its Vico. "Is Maine here?"

"Shes inside." I let him in. What the fuck is he doing here?