HPS

She wasnt still talking to me the next day. I woke up alone in bed, but I could faintly smell bacon and eggs shes probably preparing. Its 6:30 am. Ive decided to pretend Im still sleeping, I closed my eyes and placed my arm on my forehead.

Last night when I went to bed with her, she had her back on me.

"Good night, Maine."

"Alden, give me your right hand." She said that with her back still on me.

"Why?"

She suddenly sat up and grabbed my hands and went back to her position.

"Gagawin mo din kasi patanong-tanong pa! Good night!"

It seems that she has no intention of letting my hands go. Actually, she took my hand on her face and embraces the rest of my arm.

Just like every night since I met her, I made a hard thought of my options. I dont want to take my right hand because it felt warm and soft there. Its my entire body thats uncomfortable.

Slowly, swallowing a couple of my spits, I lay next to her. My entire front body pressed in her back. I stayed stiff for awhile just in case she complain. But she let out a sigh of contentment and hugged my arms a little tighter.

I snuggle my head on her head and let my head be filled with her innocent sweet smell before I close my eyes, I smiled. I didnt see her smiling too.

It was a couple of hours when I woke up in a jolt. She was sobbing hard.

"Jake! Jake please!"

Shes talking in her sleep again.

"Sssshhhh! Maine, Im here. Im here." I said trying to soothe her without waking her up. I hugged her tigher.

It took awhile before she sigh again and stop crying. I felt sorry for her. Does she know that she does this every night? I dont want to see her like this. Before I close my eyes to sleep, I whispered to her, "Maine, lahat gagawin ko para hindi ka na umiyak sa gabi. Promise ko yan sayo!"

"Oy! Alden, bumangon ka na dyan. Lalamig yung breakfast!"

"Inaantok pa ko." I lied.

"Gusto mo buhusan kita ng malamig na tubig dyan? Madaming yelo sa ref!"

"Fine! Aga-aga namang masungit nito. Eh 11 am pa yung schedule natin sa studio eh."

"Bahala ka nga dyan! Basta ako kakain na. Kung gusto mo aksayahin yung niluto ko para sayo, your choice!"

"Heto na nga!"

I pretended to drag my feet to the bathroom to do my morning rituals. Inside the bathroom I couldnt help but smile at the mirror. Bakit ang cute nya pag masungit sya?

"Alden, I swear to God! Pag after one minute wala ka pa dito pepektusan na talaga kita."

"Heto na nga!" I tried to hide the sound of my laugh as I brush my teeth. This is going to be an interesting day!

"So pag ikaw ang nag-aasikaso sa akin okay lang. Pag ako, ang sungit mo?" I teased her while shes pouring fresh coffee on my mug.

"Magkaiba to! Pinagluto lang kita mg breakfast. Ikaw, kagabi ang KJ mo! Eh diba nga kaya tayo nagpunta sa bar para uminom. Kasi kung hindi tayo iinom dun di sana sa ice cream shop na lang tayo pumunta diba? Tapos... Ooopsss! Wag ka na sumabat dyan!... Tapos kaya mo nga ko pinakilala sa mga friends mo diba so I can get to know them better? Kasi kung hindi di sana tayong dalawa na lang lumabas. Ano? May point ako o wala?!" That rhetorical question again.