Friday Morning

The whole week passed by fast enough.

Dad's last day in the shop was Wednesday.

"Okay, the new manager will report on friday. I think Matt will be here too. Im travelling tonight. Ill tell your Mom you missed her?" Dad said.

"Yes. You sure you dont want me to go with you in the airport?" I needed an excuse not to be Maine.

"Im fine, Alden. Besides, you should take a good eye on Maine. I think Vico might have a run for your money."

"Were just friends, Dad."

"Thats what you told us about Jaz too. Just dont want you to get your heart broken twice, if you know what I mean."

"I dont know what you mean, Dad!"

"I have eyes, Son. I know how you look at her like a puppy dog when shes not looking at you."

"Dad..."

"Fine!" He even raise his hands as if in surrender. "I give up. Im sure your Mom gives better love advices anyway. By the way, thanks for helping around here."

"Im just happy I can help."

Truth was, I have been keeping an eye on Maine especially when were in the Breakfast Shop. I kept reminding myself that Maine said to me that she cannot fall in love with anybody else.

That doesnt stop me from wanting to wring Vicos head though.

Maine is relatively friendly. I could see her giving her warm smile to every customers that entered the shop. But Vico is trying to do every possible way to impress Maine. From showing off how fast he can buss a table, to bragging his life's accomplishments and Friday morning, he brought her fresh roses.

Vico was waiting for us outside the shop when we arrived. I could see that hes hiding something from behind him, and when Maine greeted her, he showed the roses to her.

I rolled my eyes and left the two of them. But Matt saw everything from inside the shop.

"And youre just gonna roll your eyes there?" Matt whispered to me as I went pass him.

"Im not in the mood for this silliness." I replied to Matt and went inside the kitchen.

Actually, Ive not been in the mood lately. Im too tired. To exhausted. Im not use to manual jobs because the only hard work I do in Faulkerson Company is dwiddle on my keyboard. Sinungaling ka! Yung totoo apektado ka kay Vico!

Maine seems to keep her distance too. She still prepares breakfast we ate in silently, we work in the shop like we dont live together and have lunch and dinner together, limiting our conversation with small non-commital talk.

Shes fine with my silence, as long as in bed she can snuggle in my arm to sleep. She didnt realize that shes torturing me though, but because somehow I miss her, I hugged her tigher ever night.

She still cries at night on her sleep and everytime, I wake up to comfort her. Sometimes I wish she know that I do that to her every night, because in the morning, we go back to our routine like nothing happened.

Im not affected. Maine said shes not capable of falling for someone else. But sometimes, when I see her laugh at Vico's joke, I could feel my heart sinking. And its getting harder and harder to brush it off lately.