The Day After

AUTHORS NOTE: Had to share this song to end this Story. Ewan, twing naririnig ko talaga yung song na ito, naiiyak ako. Feel na feel ko kasi ang forever nina Maine at Alden! Haha! Enjoy reading guys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maine returned back go her work as a nurse and I reported to work the day after because Tere said I was needed at work ASAP. She was right, the amount of work on top of my desk speaks for themselves.

Even so, I made sure I get to see Maine everyday. Every night I would drop by her hospital or in her apartment.

Her apartment by the way is curiosity. Its very old but Maine has it painted with bright yellow, one wall of her living room were filled with probably thousand of tagalog romance pocket books, she wasnt joking when she said she collect these kind of books. Theres a huge poster of The Beatles behind her television. She only have one sofa on her living room, its lumpy and very old but it function as her bed and a place to read her books.

Her bedroom, on the other hand, has a single bed. Theres two huge cabinets for her clothes and one standee for her shoes. Ever since I saw her bed, I had been convincing her to buy at least a queen size bed. I mean, try squeezing two person in one single size bed?

Yes, most nights since we came from London, I have been sleeping in her apartment. And let me stop you there, dirty minded readers! We both often come home tired, the only thing we could do is crawl in her small bed and try to get a few hours of sleep.

Jaz first asked about Maine the next week. I think she couldnt help not to ask anymore because most of our colleagues already knows almost everything about my relationship with Maine except her. She never asked, I never told.

"So, when am I going to meet this girl you saved in the airport?" Jaz was in my office for a few minutes before she finally asked me.

"You mean my girlfriend?" I said proudly. I stopped typing on my computer and smiled at her.

"Girlfriend mo na? Kayo na? Kaagad-agad?"

"Well, whats the point in waiting diba? I mean, I love her, she loves me back."

"So nakabuti pala talaga yung bakasyon mo. Nakahanap ka na kaagad ng kapalit ko." She said.

"Shes not my rebound girl, Jaz. Mahal ko talaga sya. Mahirap ipaliwanag eh. Basta somehow, I woke up one day and I realized na mahal ko na sya. Na hindi ko na kayang mawala sya sa buhay ko."

She nodded but didnt say anything else.

"Well, I forgot Im talking to you! Im sure you felt the same way with Richard."

"Im happy for you, Frank. Totoo yan ha? Does this mean I have my best friend back?"

"Hindi naman ako nawala, Jaz. Nagpahinga lang."

"Hindi ka na galit sa akin?"

"I tried getting mad at you but I couldnt. I think even if I didnt met Maine sa London, I would still be your friend."

"Youre a good man, Frank!"

"Do you mind calling me Alden?"