Rejection

"Aldeeeen! Uy!"

Her voice woke me up from my fantasy. I could feel my entire body in heat, not from the noon sunlight but from something else that would probably merit "pektus" from this beautiful lady frowning in front of me.

"Thank you kasi napapangiti mo ako. Sino ba nagsabi sayo na nagpapalibre ako?"

"Hindi ba?" She said in a small voice, head lowered.

"Hindi. Ako nga manlilibre sayo eh. Kasi alam mo, youre like a sweet sunshine in my gloomy day."

"Sus! Drama neto. Wag ka na nga. So ano, libre mo ko?"

"Oo nga. Dont worry about gastos."

"As in?"

"Oo nga! Ang kulit."

"Sakay tayo sa London Eye ha?" Ang she gave me that winning smile. Like she caught me in her trap, she didnt know though that I am her willing victim.

"Kiss muna!" Even I was surprise with what I just said. I know my face is blushing right now. Jeez! Dont do that! "Joke lang. Halika na nga!" I stood up and I offered my hand to help her stand up.

She looked at me suspiciously for a few seconds before taking my hand and she stood up next to me.

"Lakarin na lang natin, okay lang?" She asked.

"Youre the boss."

And holding hands, we walked.

"Alden, wag na!" she pulled me away from the line.

"Oh, akala ko gusto mo? Mahaba lang ng konti pila o gutom ka na?"

"Wag na. I change my mind." And she continue to pull my arm.

"Why?" Meng, treat ko naman eh."

"Wag na. Magpicture-an na lang tayo dito." She said firmly with closed lips. And I knew thats the end of the discussion.

"Sige. Akin na phone mo."

And as soon as I pointed her phone on her to take pictures, the old Maine is back making wacky faces and posing cheerfully in front of the camera, she didnt even mind that people are staring at her silliness.

"Alden, okay lang ba kung magselfie tayong dalawa?"

"Why not?"

"Eh kasi popost ko to sa facebook, baka ayaw mo?"

"Magagalit lang ako pag hindi mo ko tinag."

Okay, when she said selfie she actually meant a looooot of pictures from different angle of us and of the London Eye.

"Kumain na tayo nagugutom na ko eh!" She announced after she was contented with the amount of selfies we made.

"Dun tayo sa sinasabi kong restaurant." Its my turn to tug her to the direction of the restaurant I mentioned earlier but I felt her tugging me towards her. That caught me off guard, luckily I was able to put my right foot on where I can balance myself.

She ended up on my arms though. She smell so good, that signature sweet innocent scent of hers filled my head and I couldnt help remembering my thoughts in the park.