Seven days left

We had a handful with those two energetic kids. Maine got David a police costume and Rose a teddy bear wearing a abbey road t-shirt. David started arresting everybody including the teddy bear, that sits on the chair in the sofa on handcuff while we were eating lunch.

Sofia made a roast beef and I devour it with so much gusto. I noticed Maine tried not to look at me directly. Even when I would ask her some direct question, she tried avoiding my direction and would pretend to attend to Rose.

"Maine, seriously thank you for these gifts. You shouldnt have." Matt said while investigating the couple shirt Maine got them. His says, Mr. Right. And Sofia's, Mrs. Always Right.

"Its a very witty shirt and very true, I might say." Sofia said and winked at her husband. Matt winked back.

"So bro, whats your gift for us?" Matt asked putting me in the hotspot.

"We bought these together!" Maine said quickly.

"No, Maine. Dont do that. You cant fool these two." I said laughing. "Let me just treat you guys for dinner before we leave and call it even, eh, Matt?"

"Depends where youre taking us." Sofia joked.

"Something fancy. So you can show off the weight you lost!" I said knowing exactly that Sofia liked it when I compliment her weight lost.

"I guess I have to look for nanny. Let me know when." Sofia said.

The lunch ended with coffee and tea served in the veranda while we watch David and Rose played in the backyard.

"When are you going back to Manila, Maine?" Sofia asked.

"This Friday. Ill definitely miss your kids, Sofia. Theyre so loveable!" I only have seven days left with her!

"We will not be strangers. Were friends in Facebook and I think Matt will have a vacation coming up early next year. We'll probably visit Frank's Mom."

"I hope you wouldnt mind if I call once in awhile. To chat up with Rose."

"Of course!" Sofia reached out for Maine's hand rested on her lap and squeezed it. My heart swells at Sofia's gesture. She didnt know how important her kids are to Maine now.

"I never had nieces and nephews. And I consider those two mine." I was standing behind Maine. I rested my hand on her shoulder.

"And youre their tita now." Sofia said warmly.

"How about you, Alden? When are you leaving?" Matt asked.

"I dont know. I havent booked my return ticket. I still have a good two weeks before my vacation is over."

"You should stay here, Alden. Youll be lonely alone in your apartment." Sofia suggested.

"Maybe. Ill think about it, Sofia."

Shes right. The apartment would be so empty without Maine.

When we left Matt's house, Maine and I walked in silence. I kept on wondering if shes still mad at me for my outburst from this morning. But then again, I felt like I had a valid reason for being so ill tempered. She can be a pain in the butt sometimes.

When we arrived in my apartment, Maine went to unload the washing machine quitely. I sat on the sofa and flipped channels on my TV.

She was in the bedroom, out of my sight when my phone rang after an hour or so.

"Sam!"