Day Twenty-Two, Second Chance

When I first started this, I had it pinned who I was going to write this one to. Now, I don't think I can write a letter to the same person two days in a row, and I can't change tomarrow's. So who would I like to give a second chance to? The one I've hated most.

Dear Caitlin,

  I recently wrote a letter about my hate for you. My undying grudge. But the other day in English class, we were joking around with each other. Neither one of us seemed to sure about it, and still we carried on. You didn't trust it as much as I didn't. The last thing you said before the bell was, "I got my eyes on you." And I was thinking the same thing, while wondering if we could actually be decent friends again. I've come to the conclusion that, yes, we can. If we only but tried. I'm sorry. I know this is against everything I said, but as I said before I just needed someone to blame. Now, I don't. He no longer matters, so I don't mind. Even though you didn't really do anything personal to me, it felt like you did. Again, I'm sorry. Nobody is perfect, we've both made our mistakes. Forgive and forget? Or at least one of the two? I usually don't believe in that expression, but it seems the only way. Here's to my only exception, let's see how it goes.

    Mel