Chapter 16

Chapter 16 -not edited yet-

*Jane's P.O.V*

My insomnia was eating away at me, little by little.

I was so exhausted and sleepy, but my mind couldn't shut down for just 5 seconds.

Flipping and turning around a whole lot, I was worried I was going to wake up Harry.

Poor bud, I'm waking him up because of my restlessness. I glanced at the red digits on my nightstand, reading 2:14 am.

Ugggggh.. I just want to sleep.

I laid there staring at the ceiling for what seemed like forever, before turning on my side again.

Can't I at least get comfortable? This bed is so comfy, but I only have one side. I'm so not used to sharing, but I'm also trying to give Harry his space. I don't want to end up sprawled out all over him come morning time.

Just as I was about to look at his sleeping body, I hadn't noticed that his soft snores at stopped.

"Jane.. Have you even went to sleep?" His sexy morning/late night voice spoke hoarsely.

I cleared my throat, "I um.. I'm not real tired." I lied, biting my tongue. I was tired. You could hear the exhaustion clear in my voice.

He sat up a little, resting on his elbows and stared at me. "Want to do something then?"

I gave him a bewildered look, glancing at the clock again. "Are you crazy? It's 2:30 in the morning, go to sleep." I lightly laughed, pushing his shoulder down.

"I'm not tired anymore." He yawned, rolling over on his side to look at me. Yes, he yawned right after he claimed he wasn't tired anymore. Great logic, right?

"Go to sleep." I demanded, rolling back over so I didn't have to face him.

I heard his deep chuckle before he let out a deep breath.

A few more minutes passed before he started up another conversation.

"Where's your dad, Jane?" He asked abruptly, making me tense.

I think he sensed that, and quickly added, "You don't have to tell me. Especially if your father is anything like mine."

I rolled over, my curious eyes meeting his caring ones.

"Where's your father?" I asked, genuinely curious.

His eyes changed a darker shade, instantly looking angry. Well shit, I didn't mean to make him upset. I was going to say something else, but he cut me off before I got the chance.

"He walked out. On me and my mum, and Gemma." He spoke gravely, fumbling with his hands.

Out of instinct, I took them in my own little hands and gripped them tightly, feeling his warmth radiating to me.

I trailed soft kisses to them while rubbing soothing circles on his palm. The act instantly calmed him, his muscles no longer bulging out, his temper slowly lowering.

"My dad left, too." I whispered, moving closer to him.

His eyes met mine once again, a lot softer and lighter. "I'm sor-"

I held up my finger, "Don't be sorry, Harry. It just shows how much of a coward he really was." I let a light laugh slip through my lips.

His lips curved up into a smile, "Mine too."

He gave a gentle squeeze to my hands as I put my head down on my pillow.

He stared down at me, moving some hair that fell on my face.