Chapter 27

Chapter 27

The day went by so fast, it was all a blur to me. Many people asked me the same old boring questions; "why were you out for so long?" "Did you get hit by a bus?" And so on.

It was so exhausting having to repeat myself over and over again. But since most of them seemed to actually care, I guess I didn't mind. Everyone was so understanding, even though I didn't tell them the truth.

I was walking down the now deserted hallway after school, with only a few groups of people. I had to stay after a few minutes to go over assignments I missed with my teachers, but Harry texted me saying he would wait up for me so I didn't have to walk home.

"Shit." I muttered as one of the papers I was holding flew out of my hands. I bent down to retrieve it as I heard whispering from across the hall.

"I bet she tried to kill herself again." Someone mumbled while a few others broke out in laughter. It didn't take a genius to figure out they were talking about me. I slowly stood up and turned around, seeing a group of goths covered in tattoos and piercings.

"Can I help you?" One of them sneered, then another one with jet black hair spoke out as well. "What? Can't stand hearing the truth about yourself?"

I shook my head, "What're y-"

"Don't pretend to play stupid. Everybody knows you're a suicidal freak." One of the girls who was standing next to a guy in a leather jacket said.

A part of me was shocked. I wanted to run away, but my feet were frozen to the ground and I was unmoving.

"I'm not a suicidal freak." I mumbled as I turned on my heels and continued my walk to the doors, only this time I was walking much faster.

I could hear them still making small comments under their breath, but only one of them shot right through my heart.

"Go kill yourself. Nobody wants you here anyway."

*Harry's POV*

It had been ten minutes since Jane last texted me and I was still waiting for her. She said she'd only be a few minutes. I was standing against my car with one leg perched up, holding my phone up to my ear.

No answer.

I kicked myself off, starting my walk back up to the school. Sheesh, this girl is something else. She's probably making small talk with every single one of her teachers.

I'm so proud of who she is today. Ever since Pete got locked up, it's like a huge weight was lifted off her and her spirit is back. She's more talkative, her smile is brighter and it actually reaches her eyes unlike before. All of this makes me like her more. The progress is definitely something that makes me proud of her.

I reentered the doors to school, finding it almost completely empty. There were a few nerds and goths hanging around still, probably playing chess or talking about their next murder.

I looked around, finding all of the classroom doors shut and locked. So where could she be? I walked around the corner to check her locker, thinking maybe she had to put stuff away in it or something.

But she wasn't there.

Now I was starting to grow suspicious. I eyed the group of kids that were watching me curiously on my hunt for Jane, as they all stood around snickering to each other. Seriously, what the hell are their problems?

It wasn't until I heard someone crying in the ladies room that I knew exactly where she was.

I walked up to the door, not exactly wanting to go inside, "Jane?" I asked, giving it a few light knocks.