Chapter 22

Chapter 22

-continued in Harry's POV-

I continued to watch Jane as she effortlessly helped me bake.

There was absolutely no way she was okay. And if she thought that I believed her even for a second then she was insane.

"2 eggs, 1/4 cup of a water, and 1/2 cup of vegetable oil." I read off the brownie mix package.

We were half way into it already and she was just standing there staring at the pan that had cookies on it.

"Jane." I spoke softly. She didn't look up or acknowledge that I was speaking to her, so I went over and put a hand on her shoulder, instantly making her flinch. That made my heart sink to the pit of my stomach. She was scared. Maybe not of me. But of someone.

Actually, I knew exactly who she was scared of.

"You get the ingredients, I'll stir." I said lowly, dropping my hand and walking back over to the bowl.

I ripped the brownie mix open with my teeth, pouring it in the white sized medium bowl I had out.

When I looked back up at Jane, she had moved over to the fridge, retrieving the eggs.

Usually I would find her sneaking small glances at me with a shy smile on her face when I caught her, but not today.

No, today she had her eyes glued to the ground like it was so much more interesting than anything else.

I reached over and grabbed two eggs, cracking them and disposing the shells.

She handed me a measuring cup with vegetable oil in it and another one with water in it.

I poured both in at the same time and began stirring the mix together.

This has been really awkward so far.. But I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Do I talk to her? Well, at least try. And if so, what do I talk about? Do I try to pry answers from her and her her to open up to me?

Hah, no. As of now I don't think she's too fond of me.

After I poured the mix into a greased pan, I slid it over to Jane across the counter so she could place it next to the cookies.

If you're asking why we haven't put them in the oven yet it's because we're dummies and didn't think to preheat it before hand.

"Okay, now what?" I clapped my hands together, looking at the mess on the counter.

We made the cookies from scratch and there was flour all over the counters along with chocolate chips and m&ms.

I picked one up and tossed it in my mouth, watching Jane intently.

She looked up at me, bringing her lip between her teeth. "Why do you keep staring at me?" She whispered, probably feeling self conscious.

Nice going Harry. Way to make her feel uncomfortable.

"I'm just trying to figure you out." I answered honestly.

"Ha, good luck with that." She scoffed, turning to walk away.

"Hey! We're not done." I grabbed her hand, bringing her back to me.

"All you have to do is put them in the oven. Would you like me to sit here with you and watch them bake?" She asked sarcastically.

Man, she really hates me.

"Yes." I said the first thing that came to mind, watching her roll her eyes and yank her hand away.