Chapter 28

Chapter 28

"Hi, I'm Richard." He smiled politely, sticking out his hand. His pearly whites were showing, the crinkles by his eyes were scrunched up from smiling so wide. His sand colored hair went along perfectly with his hazel eyes which seemed to sparkle under the dim light of the doorway.

He was perfect. Well, at least looked like it.

His looks are probably what drew my mom in. He was a huge upgrade from Pete. Unlike him, Richard was charming. In no way shape or form did he look like the person I've become to know of him.

Does he even remember me? And my mom said he was a cop? They worked together, didn't they? So how can someone who's supposed to work for the law be so criminal like and dirty minded?

I hesitantly stuck my hand out, meeting his surprisingly smooth one.

"I'm Jane." I said quietly, only meeting his eyes for a brief second. They pierced into mine, showing no recognition what so ever.

He didn't remember me..

*Harry's POV*

I took a deep breath as I rung the doorbell, finding myself completely nervous. Was it because this was my first real date? Possibly.

Or maybe just the fact that I was about to take Jane out.. The girl that I can't really pinpoint my feelings for. The one who is responsible for my emotions running crazy.

I gulped as I rung the doorbell and stepped back. Seriously.. Why was I so damn nervous?

A few seconds had passed and she still hadn't opened the door. Either she's bailing on me or I'm just being an impatient fuck.

Probably the last one.

I decided to wait a few more seconds before ringing the doorbell again, but as I was reaching for it, the door opened, making me retract my hand back to my side.

"Hey" she smiled softy, holding up her a finger before I got a chance to say anything. She turned behind her, "Mum, Harry's here, I'll be back in a few!" She didn't wait for a response, like always, and quickly stepped out on the front porch with me.

Automatically, like my eyes were a magnet to her body, I scanned over her outfit, taking a long time to look at her perfect legs. On her waist hung one of those flowery high waisted skirt things, with a tan long sleeve shirt to go along with it. Her dark hair was curled into loose waves and all around she looked amazing.

"Wow" I breathed as I stepped forward and took her hand. I leaned down and kissed her on the cheek before standing back up and smiling at her. "You look.. Absolutely amazing."

She smiled, almost laughing in the process, probably because she didn't believe me. "Thanks. Can we go?"

I chuckled at her bluntness as I took both of us down the porch steps, hand in hand.

This is how it is supposed to be. It just felt so right. Both of us being happy and with each other.

I opened the car door for her and let her get herself in while I walked around to the drivers side.

"You know.. You should dress like that lot often." I commented as we were driving towards our destination.

I looked towards her for a second as she held back a small smile that soon turned into a smirk. "Yes but if I did that then you wouldn't be so blown away by my appearance on a special occasion."

I nodded my head, letting a smirk overtake my face. "Fine. You got me."

She wore a smug smile, "I know."

*Jane's POV*

It felt like we were driving in circles, I was staring out the window as some music played on his radio, and I swore we already passed that roller skating place more than twice.

Did he even notice?

"Hey Harry?"

He looked over at me, telling me to go on.

"Are we lost?" I decided not to candy coat it and get straight to the point. I seriously think he's got us lost.

He chuckled, and looked around him as his chuckled died down. He looked back over to me and wore a frown. "I thought I was going the right way.. But I don't remember this place in town."

Instead of face palming myself or cursing at him, I bursted out in laughter. He was so cute when he was confused.

"Heyyyyy, it's not funny." He pouted, then slowly turned his frown upside down. "Besides, I thought that roller skating place looked familiar."

I chuckled and nodded. "So where are we supposed to be going?"

He sighed and focused back on the road, "I made reservations for dinner at 7:30.." He looked at the clock on his car. "..and we're over twenty minutes late."

He looked frustrated with himself, like he was about to pull out his hair.

"God Jane, I'm so sorry. This was supposed to be-"

"Shut up." I demanded, making him immediately shut his mouth and stare at me with shocked eyes.

We were stopped at a red light, the silence eating away at both of us. I wasn't mad at him and quite honestly I thought it was funny.

I took a deep breath before continuing, "Look, do you want the truth?" I asked, going on before I got an answer from him. "I would rather be here, with you, driving around without a guess in the world of where we're at than at some fancy restaurant where I have to pretend to act like a lady."

He looked at me with a silly grin, "So you're not mad?"

"I'm not mad." I confirmed, giving him another sly grin. "But I am up for a cheeseburger."

He smirked, "That sounds delicious. I bet I could eat more than you."

"No you can't."

"Want to bet?" He turned into a McDonald's, making my stomach rumble even more. I don't care if it was a fast food restaurant, I was starving.

"You're on." I smirked as I hopped out of the car when it was parked.

"Wait, don't you want to hear the rules first?" He laughed as he walked up next to me, circling the keys around his finger.

I stopped, turning to face him as he began. "Loser has to ask winner on another date, where as the winner gets to choose where they want to go."

I frowned, "But that means that either way we have to go on another date."

He winked as he open the doors for me, "Exactly"

______________________

A/N:

I feel like this is such a shitty chapter. /: haha but tell me what you think regardless! Also, I'm going to try to have an update schedule thingy to make things more organized. because between school and my social life (which decided to randomly grow larger over the summer), I'm finding it hard to write this. I'm not giving up though! Maybe like every Wednesday and Sunday I'll update! Idk, I'll figure it out and when I do I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Thanks to everyone who's stuck with me even though I'm shit at updating now :(

V O T E

C O M M E N T

S H A R E Y O U R O P I N I O N S