Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I woke up in the middle of the night, sweating and panting.

I tried to sit up but I'm being held down.. By an arm?

It's okay Jane, don't panic.

Relief is washed through me when I see tattoos scattered across the tan skin, recognizing them from anywhere.

I glance at the digital clock on the nightstand and it reads 3:17 am.

Not bad, I managed to sleep through half the night I suppose.

My dry throat and pounding headache is a swift reminder of what happened a few hours ago. Nothing tremendous, but I think I drank a little too much more than I felt comfortable with.

Carefully as possible, I lift Harry's arm off of me and set it back down the mattress once I slide off the bed.

I tiptoe over to the door, his shirt clinging to my sides as I grasp the door handle and begin to turn it.

"Jane.." I hear murmurs come from Harry's mouth, stopping me in my tracks.

Shit.

I began to form an excuse in my mind but before the words had a chance to slip through my mouth, he started mumbling something again. "Jane.. Stop. Please...stop..hurting y-yourself." He says sleepily as I began to question my motives.

I'm not hurting myself.. Am I? I look down to my hand placed firmly on the door handle. No harm done.

My eyesight wanders to look at Harry on the bed, his body lay curled up cuddling into a pillow where my body once laid a few moments ago.

He's fast asleep. His lips slightly parted and light snores escaping his mouth. But he was talking.. Sleep talking. That's what he was doing. duh, I remind myself.

I don't question it any further as I open the door and slip out into the hallway.

Compared to our bedroom, the hallway is cold and unwelcoming.

I brush off any uneasiness I feel and walk down the stairs, careful to avoid any creaking steps, clinging to the railing incase I fall. The last thing I want to do is cause a big ruckus in the middle of the night because of my clumsiness.

Quietly walking into the kitchen, I decide against turning on a light even though my insides are churning. The dark is one of my big fears.

However my raspy throat reminds me that I need a glass of water, my whole purpose on coming down here.

I walk over to the cupboard with the cups in it, reaching up on my tippy toes to grab one.

Turning the faucet on, I placed my glass under the cold water, instantly bringing the glass to my lips after it had been filled.

"Jane? Is that you?" I almost choke on my water, jumping back a bit with my hand over my chest.

Once Liam comes into view I instantly relax, "Jesus Li, you scared me to death."

He laughs and shrugs, "Not my fault you're still afraid of the dark."

"Am not." I lied, bringing the glass back up to my lips in my burning desire to feel the cool liquid calm me down.

I saw him roll his eyes sassily out of the corner of my eye, "Yeah whatever you say."

I gulp down the rest of my drink, placing the cup into the sink when I'm finished.

"Couldn't sleep?" I start up a conversation with him, finding the silence a bit awkward.

He shook his head, "No. Evelyn's such a heavy sleeper and doesn't get the concept of sharing a bed." He laughed, leaning back against the marbled counter top.