F I V E : P A R T 1

J A C O B

"Jacob! Get your arse up!" Yelled Millard in my face as I opened my eyes groggily. Oh, what a joy to be woken up in such a way. I had to resist the urge to slap him.

"Ugh..." I said rolling over. I was so tired, I was practically numb. I looked at the clock. "Millard, it's 4:30 in the morning... we don't need to get up yet," I said groggily, stuffing my head into the pillow.

"No! Get up now!" He said, whipping the covers off of me.

"Hey!" I said, scrambling to cover myself since I was only wearing my boxers.

"Up!" Millard bellowed.

"Fine!" I snapped, I have never been a morning person. I said as I pulled on some sweat pants and made my way to the bathroom.

"Hey! Jacob, Horace in-" Millard started, but it was too late. I opened the bathroom door, and Horace was in there, stark naked. We both screamed as loud and as girly as humanly possible. I slammed the door shut, my eye's wide. I felt my mouth move as I tried to form words.

After a few seconds of stunned silence, Millard spoke up and let out a forced laugh.

"At least your awake now..." Millard said seriously, giving me a weak smile.

A few seconds later, responding to the screaming, Enoch and Hugh shuffled into the hall; both sporting bed heads.

"Hey sleepy heads," Millard said in a mocking motherly tone, "Mummy was about to wake you up."

"Shut-up." Snapped Hugh, seeing he wasn't much of a morning person either. "Why were the girls screaming?"

I glared at Hugh, "That wasn't the girls."

"Who was it then?" Said Enoch in a hoarse voice.

Millard laughed, "It was Jacob and Horace. Jacob walked in on him. Priceless."

"Did you?" Said Hugh in a fake interested voice. "I'm sure that was a sight."

"Yeah, I am quite literally scarred for life," I said, shuttering, which made them all laugh.

Just as we were about to go back to our rooms to get ready, Horace came out of the bathroom. He was extremely red faced and he looked, well, quite angry.

We watched him with blank faces, trying not to laugh, as he stomped his way to his room that he shared with Hugh and Enoch.

***
I was sitting alone in the kitchen at the table when my dad poked his in, looking frightened, around the corner of the staircase. He moved his head vigorously back in forth to check and make sure nobody was down here. His eyes landed on me. I saw something in his eyes that I had never seen before, fear. He moved to make his way back up the stairs, but I quickly called out to him.

"Hey, dad," I said, surprised by the pain in my voice.

His shoulders dropped as if this was the last thing he wanted to do. My dad took a deep breath. This was the first time I had seen him since I figured out about my ability. They had been trying their best to avoid everyone. They always got up extremely early so they didn't run into any of us when they were going to work and they always came home extremely late. I am actually surprised that they still have their jobs considering they are now, like, mental.

"Hi, Jacob," Dad said robotically, forcing the words out. I really don't know why I allowed it to hurt me, but I felt my heart sink when he called me Jacob. My dad used to call me Jake, and when I heard him call me Jacob, it silently broke my heart a bit more. I knew that my relationship with my parents was ruined, but there was a small part of me hoping that maybe, just maybe, it could be spared.