S I X T E E N

E N O C H

Horace is hyperventilating. Don't ask me why.

Alright fine, I'll tell you.

So when Jacob had finally gotten us to the Council of Ymbrynes office, he, in all manliness, passed out from exhaustion. So it was up to Horace and myself to cart him to the Hospital ward. According to Miss Peregrine, carting unconscious bodies was man's work, so she and Claire went off towards the dining hall- wherever that was- to hopefully find the others. She said that they would probably be where the food was.

When we finally found the hospital ward, I must say that I was grateful to be there because halfway there Horace got tired so I had to drag Jacob the rest of the way by myself. After that I decided I was going to ignore Horace and every ignorant thing that came out of his mouth for making me drag Jacob nearly all the way to be hospital ward.

After that, we eventually found the dining hall, and spotted Miss Peregrine talking to Emma, Luna and... Millard at one of the long tables. For some reason he was wearing a suit. I didn't know why and really didn't care, but for some reason this set Horace off. He ran up to poor Millard and hugged him. It was the most unexpected event of the evening- and that was saying something. It wasn't like Millard and Horace were best friends or anything.

"Um," Said Millard, awkwardly patting Horace's back, "good to see you too, mate."

"Finally! Millard of all people!" Said Horace, grinning.

"What are you talking about, Mr.Somnusson?" Asked Miss  Peregrine.

"It's finally happened." I muttered, shaking my head. "He's lost his bloody sanity."

"I must ask, was it I who influenced you?" Asked Horace giving Millard no personal space.

"What?" Asked Millard nervously, trying to step away from him.

"The suit you are wearing is a hand tailored suit made by the the world famous suit tailor Wendell McHamilton. He's one of the best peculiars ever. He gave me the inspiration to start tailoring." Said Horace excitedly.

Miss Peregrine looked horrified, "What?"

"Oh yes," Said Horace, turning to face her. "I hear he's constantly coming in and out of here."

Miss Peregrine looked at a loss for words and Emma, Millard, and Luna were laughing.

I narrowed my eyes at the three, "What do you know?"

"W-wendell fancies Miss Peregrine." Laughed Millard. "He's the one that made me wear this." He gestured to the suit he was wearing. "He works here."

"Alma!" Said a voice from behind us.

"Oh great," Muttered Miss Peregrine, "his name is jinxed."

I assumed the man standing in front of us was Wendell and seemingly so did Horace because he started, well, hyperventilating and clenching his chest like he was having a heart attack.

"We've already sent one to the hospital ward, we've no need to send other." I told him.

This seemed to grab Emma's attention because her eyes widened, "Wait... Where's Jacob?"

I braced myself for Emma's reaction, "In the hospital ward." I replied steadily.

"What?!" She yelled, catching the attention of a couple people in the room.

"You can go there if you want, no one's stopping you." I said quietly, trying to get the attention off of us.

"Enoch O'Connor, you know good and well I have no idea where the hospital ward is. You take me there right now." She growled at me.