F I V E : P A R T 2

J A C O B 

An hour and a half after lunch, I dragged myself into Algebra two class and sat down in an empty desk at the front of the classroom.

About two minutes later someone sat in the desk next to me.

"So," Emma said excitedly as she sat down, "I was in English -that is what you call it right?- and we got to use these machines... I think they were called compupers or something..."

"Computers?" I asked, trying not to laugh.

"Yeah." She said dreamily. "I didn't have a clue how to work it, but -" She was cut off by our teacher, Ms.Pasha came in the room. She was the most hated teacher in the whole school. Infamous for being as loud as she was fat.

"Okay! Everyone SHUT- UP!" She yelled over the noise. "The bell has rung! If your talking, your wrong!" She turned to face us. "My name is Ms. Pasha. Not Ms.P! Not Ms.Pasta! Not whatever name your deranged, strange minds can conjure! In this class, you will not only learn arithmatic and  geometric sequences, but you will also learn how to respectful and disciplined! Understand?" She spat.

There were a few mumbled yeses.

"Yes..." She sneered, "How about a volunteer?" When nobody raised their hand, her small, beady eyes glared across the room. They landed on me. "Ahh, Portman. I don't like you..."

My heart sunk. Great, I thought, just great. She already knows my name. 

"What?" I asked. I really didn't feel like putting up with an Algebra teacher like Ms.Pasha all year.

"Don't 'what' me, Portman, or I will have you out of this class with a behavior notification faster than you can say..." She seemed not to be able to find the correct word to use. "Never mind. Get up! If you think you are so great then get up here and teach the class!" She glared.

"I never said-" I started.

"I don't care what you said and didn't say Portman! Just get your butt up here!" She snarled.

"Fine!" I said, getting out of my seat. I usually never caused trouble at school, but I had a feeling that Ms. Pasha would change that.

"Now," She said, seemingly happy she was aggravating me, "Teach!"

"Hi." I said, imitating a voice like Ms.Pasha, flat and soulless, "I am Ms.Pasta- I mean Pasha, and with me, you will learn nothing, and be physically and mentally tortured by yours truly. I really don't give rat's ass what you do or who you are. Rot in hell!" I said, smiling, as the whole class laughed. Ms. Pasha gave me a deadly look.

"To Principal Ford's office! NOW!" She screeched.

"Ms.Pasha, there are other ways to deal with this-" I started.

"Now!" She bellowed. 

"Fine!" I snapped, then turned around and marched out of the room and down the hall- headed to the office.

***

When I finally reached the office, I stomped right into Principal Ford's office. I was able to slam the door shut before I realized he had another student with him. I was surprised to see it was Millard.

I was about to leave to wait outside but then Principal Ford called out to me.

"Wait, Portman!" He said. I turned around to face Principal Ford with his chubby face, balding head, worn khaki colored suit, and his metal framed glasses. I realized his belly had gotten bigger since the last time I saw him. It seemed as though he had eaten too many donuts with Couch Thomas, the P.E coach.