•author's note•

I don't usually do this, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

This evening at approximately 7:08 pm I walk into my local movie theater to see the Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children movie. I am excited out of my mind and I continuously get weird looks from others. I finally sit down in my seat, as happy as can be. I am generally pleased with the beginning of the movie. I think that it mainly sticks to the book and I am very happy that Tim Burton really does have a soul.

Then the end happens.

Well, not necessarily the end, but the last 45 minutes or so of the movie. Guys, I was sitting there fangirling in the middle of a movie theater surrounded by strangers, but then this happens and my happiness is crushed.

Tim screwed it up, guys. He screwed it up big time. I'm not spoiling anything, but let's just say that I have developed a new respect for Ransom Riggs and his amazing writing and how he knows how to do thing the right way.

Don't get me wrong, the movie was great. If I hadn't have read the books, it would probably be my favorite movie of all freaking time. It is really just good for what it was. But can I just say that nobody was quite able to capture the peculiar in Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children like Ransom Riggs did.

Most importantly I want you to understand that I will continue writing this fanfiction as if the horrible excuse for a Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children movie never happened. I want you to know that THIS FANFICTION IS STRICTLY BASED ON THE BOOKS. I WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER ,EVER CHANGE THAT. (Besides Finlay MacMillan, I'll make an exception for you, sweetheart, since everyone seems to really like hot Enoch.)

And just remember guys, Stay Peculiar and remember that the books are always better.

With all hatred to Tim Walter Burton,

-PeculiarPotterhead