25. Back in time and place

Written 2015 by VeGirl ©

Our time in the magical Aos Si became more extensive than I had thought. We had spent most of the day on foot, I was tired and blisters were threatening to appear on both feet.

"Can't you just snap us back like Ty did?"

Quin chuckled softly. "No, snapping is Ty's way of handling things. I have other skills." He wiggled his brows in a suggestive way and I felt a blush creeping up on my neck and coloured my cheeks pink.

"Yes, wooing is your strength," I murmured. "I'm getting blisters on my feet."

"I can take care of that."

I looked surprised up at him.

"Take a seat milady." He gestured towards a minor hill and I sat down. With a proffered hand he kneeled before me. "Let me take a look." I felt hesistant and a little embarrassed as I took my trainer off and stretched my foot towards him, hoping it didn't smell. Quin closed his eyes and warmth spread through my foot. Curiously I bent forward to see what he was doing; he just held his hands around it. The instant he placed the foot back on the ground, the pain was gone.
"And the other one," he ordered. My mouth had fallen open in astonishment and I obediently obliged.

I was truly amazed as I got two healed feet back and could easily put the shoes back on again. "Wow!"

"I told you I have other skills." He offered a hand to help me up and I took it gratefully. "Flirting is not the only thing I'm good at." He winked and took the opportunity to kiss my hand before he returned it.

* * *

Finally we passed through the coruscate portal and entered the only realm that I had thought to be real up until a few weeks earlier.

It felt very strange for me to be back in my old world and realm. Here the nature didn't seem as lush or abundant as I now had gotten used to. Here, the leaves were green on the trees and no tiny hummingbirds hovered around. This was the usual British scenery, the one I had seen and appreciated my entire life; even if the drizzle that now fell wasn't my favourite weather.

"Are you okay?" Quin asked with wary eyes studying me.

I looked up at him and smiled. "Yes, I'm fine. Thank you for healing my feet." The truth was that I was a little anxious over showing him my home. I had been in his splendid home and my little cottage was far from the standard he was used to.

"Are you sure?" He was far too perceptive to my current mood.

"I'm just worried that we won't find Ty or that we won't be able to bust him out of whatever imprisonment his aunt put him in." It wasn't a pure lie; I was worried about that as well.

"Are you sure you're not just worried about taking me to your home?"

I gasped and halted. "How do you do that?" I yelped out loud. "Do you read minds?"

Quin laughed with a surprised expression. "That was just a joke. Are you really worried about that?" He took my chin and tilted my face upwards.

My heart started to thumb alarmingly. "Yes," I admitted as willingly as if I had taken Pentothal. My body reacted fiercely to his close proximity and my eyes sought his lush lips on their own account. "You live like a blasted prince." My voice was breathy and I was not entirely sure on what we were talking about.

He looked as taken as I felt. "But you're..." Before I had time to think it through he seized the moment and pressed his lips against mine in a hungry kiss. I was not late to respond and the attraction that had been sizzling between us was now flaring into a blue flame.