48. Happy End

Written 2016 by VeGirl ©

With Quin's strong hand in mine, I followed in his wake. My inner was in turmoil and I barely knew where I was, but with him. What had happened?

Swiftly he spun me around, and I noticed that we had stopped. My back was suddenly pressed against a wall and his warm lips were covering mine. "Stupid girl." He chastised me between kisses. "I'm not marrying anyone."

My head spun, and yet somehow I was hurt by that statement.

"Not unless you want to marry me."

My world suddenly stopped, and it was a screeching halt. "What did you say?" I barely recognized my own voice.

He kept placing kisses along my neck. "I'll do whatever I can to keep you." There was a tone of desperation in him, and for my inner eye images of competing friends flashed by. This was not the first time this two friends had fought over a girl; I was not the first.

Instantly sober I put my hands on his chest. "I think we need to talk." I breathed heavy, my pulse still wild and skittish.

"We've talked enough." Quin simply swept me into his arms, and started to carry me down the stairs.

My tired legs were grateful, but my mind fought against this type of chauvinism. "I can walk." I objected.

"Yes, but can you walk out on me again?" He asked, knowing the answer fully well. The teasing smile on his face was a bliss for my sore eyes. "Did you really think I'd marry Penelope?"

"I..." I didn't know what to say.

"I'm not out on the count yet."

A slow smile widened on my face. "No, you're not." His widening smile made my heart swell and I slid my arms around his neck. "I missed you terrible."

I noticed him blink in surprise and it felt strange to be able to crack his defenses. "I want to strangle Ty for leaving you, and yet, I want to kiss his cheek."

I laughed at that.

* * *

I woke up in Quindlen's bedroom, with him wrapped around me. My body ached deliciously in all the right places and my mind was at ease. Quin was still halfway wrapped around me and I nuzzled against him.

His body was strong and muscular and the smell that surrounded him, now surrounded me as well.

He grunted something and stirred in his sleep before he opened his eyes and found me laying there watching him. "Oh good, it wasn't a dream." He tugged me closer.

I smiled wide. "Exactly what I thought." I snuggled closer, marveling in the feeling. We had been friends earlier despite the simmering attraction and all those feelings had only deepened.

"We've waisted enough time," he murmured. "And I intend to make this count." He pulled me on top of his strong chest and we certainly took advantage of the opportunity.

After a fair amount of time, getting reaquainted we allowed Quin's staff to feed us. There was no chance to miss the half hidden smiles on peoples faces even if we had only each other in focus. Our old seats across from each other at the diningroom table was abandoned and we took plates of food with us to snuggle on the sofa. I groaned as I sat down and Quin immediately pulled each of my legs into his lap and slowly slid a hand up along them, creating a healing warmth in the sore muscles.

"Wow!" I breathed. "I had forgotten about those healing hands."

"Anywhere else you're sore?" he inquired with a suggestive handmotion upwards.