13. Enchanted Surroundings

Written 2015 by VeGirl ©

The next morning Ty woke up snuggled tight together with Francine much like they had done the day before, with the difference that he revelled in the feeling a little longer. It had been a long time since he felt such a strong protective urge towards anyone. It surprised him that instead of decreasing, it rather grew stronger.

This he had not expected.

Fran kept breathing deep and calm, leaving Ty alone to explore his emotional turmoil. Firstly he had revealed things to a human and secondly he had brought her here. This would not be seen lightly on by his people. Despite this he would not leave her to her own devices if he could help it. It was certainly not only the protective side of him that was prominent; the attraction was a much bigger side of it. The second his eyes fell on her he had been back in his adolescence, meeting his first love. She had her back to him at the time, just like now and her blond hair had swayed in the wind, just like Francine's had.

Now, he couldn't resist the urge to pull her scent into his nostrils, her sweet scent of forest and herbs. He recognized the air of magic from her and she seemed unaware of the allure her innocence had on him. He wondered why he hadn't put on that extra charm he had used many times before; then she would have been his. He wrapped his arms a little tighter, making sure to make the most of this situation.

Francine stirred slightly. "Charles..." she murmured in her half wakened state and that was a wake-up call in the shape of a bucket of cold water for the man behind her.

Ty removed himself from the half sleeping woman. "No... It's Ty." He sat up on the side of the bed, unable to see her eyes open in alarm and dismay. "We better get going."

* * *

Mortified at the faux pas, I had nothing to say. My emotional life was running amok and I was embarrassed by many things. Had I snuggled that close to him in my sleep? That was only a hairbreadth from assault. Secondly, I was embarrassed to have said my former husband's name. Yes I saw him as my ex husband and there was nothing that would make me return to my old life. I had secretly wished for a great adventure for so many years and I had eventually given up. The next adventure I finally had hoped for was the afterlife, whatever that would bring me. In Ty's company I had been given the lost opportunity I had dreamed of.

I pulled clean clothes from my satchel and wondered what this day would bring.

The shadows under Ty's eyes suggested that someone could use more sleep, but I decided not to comment it. I smiled wide at him, pretending everything was fine. "Good morning, did your errand last night turn out as expected?" Denial was clear and an obvious statement.

"I ran into an old friend," he revealed before he halted and looking as if he needed to think through what to say. Did he doubt my sincerity? Had he perhaps already said too much?

"How nice," was all I replied in a halfhearted tone of voice.

Ty got the contemplative expression on his face again and suggested that we should seek out the breakfast room.

"That sounds lovely." My mood peaked and I smiled. "I'm hungry."

Ty smiled back at me and gave me room to get dressed and ready. It was obvious that despite that my dresscode may differ towards the women he usually met here; I still needed some alone-time. What kind of women did he meet here, I wondered and felt self conscious at once.

"Are you ready?" He held the door open for me and I nodded and followed. With vary eyes Ty swept the rooms as we went to the breakfast area. His protective mode was on high. I was still mesmerised by the facility and tried to grasp it all. The high arches and vast space was impossible to fit inside a tree, but still it did. Ty guided me around, helped me get some newly baked bread and different hashes and marmalades that all looked and smelled amazing.