Chapter 19

Natalie's POV

Most girls would die to have Harry Styles confess his love for them. Most girls would probably kiss him, but they would definitely not run away. And let's say I'm not "most girls".

Right after Harry's confession, I grabbed my purse in a hurry and dashed out of One Direction's flat to get away from them. I didn't want to be reminded of any of them because everything was already complicated as it was. I had five boys, all in love with me who would do anything to be with me, anything being even hurting their best friends' feelings. I didn't want to come between them because it was obviously tearing them apart.

Harry and Louis were once the best of friends and now they can't spend one minute around each other without fighting. Zayn and Liam are trying desperately to get me to go on a date with them, and Niall. I feel the worse for him. It's like he doesn't want to be involved in any of it so he stays quiet.

I held my head in my hands, disgusted with myself because it was all my fault. I had run away from them and now I had no ride home, and it was too far for me to walk. I didn't fancy the idea of having blisters on my feet from walking that distance.

I bit my lip, contemplating what to do. Just as I was about to start walking home, I heard someone call out my name. I turned around to see Zayn running towards me, one arm in the air telling me to stop.

I rolled my eyes at the sight of him. "What do you want, Zayn?" I asked him once he was close enough to hear me.

His golden eyes burned holes into me as he countered my question with his own. "Why did you leave?"

"It's getting late and I need to go home." I said.

"That's a lie."

It was, but I wasn't ready to admit why I had left. I didn't want to give them another reason to fight.

"How would you know?" I narrowed my eyes at Zayn.

"Because, whenever you lie, you play with your bracelet." I glanced down at my wrist and sure enough, I was fingering the silver charm bracelet. I looked back at Zayn and tried to make it seem like I didn't care.

"Something's obviously bothering you." He said, shrugging. "I don't know what it is or why you're afraid to talk about it, but I'm always here. As a friend or whatever you need."

I pursed my lips, debating on if I should tell him or not. What's the worst that could happen? The world wasn't gonna end. Or was it..?

"Harry said he likes me," I blurted out, covering my mouth with my hand. Zayn's eyes widened and I continued since he looked like a fish out of water and probably wasn't able to think straight. "I mean, he didn't really say he liked me, but we were talking and then he said I'm the only girl that he wants, which really confused me because he could have anyone he wanted and... my best friend is kind of in love with him, so it would be wrong if I liked him, but right now I'm not so sure if I do..." I stopped my rambling to look at Zayn. His face was frozen in shock and I bit my lip. Here I was blaming myself for coming in between the boys and I was telling stuff to Zayn about Harry.

"Nat, we all like you, if that isn't obvious. But listen when I say that you aren't an ordinary girl we met. You're one-of-a-kind and constantly in my-our thoughts. It's up to you to chose." He walked closer and placed a hand on my face. He closed his eyes and came in for a kiss when I pulled away. No, I couldn't do this.

"I'm sorry I can't do this." I turned my back and walked away, tears rolling down my cheeks. I pulled out my phone and dialed for a cab. Just a week ago, I was a normal teenage girl, living a normal teenage life. Now I had constant hate on twitter, paparazzi following and questioning me, and most importantly, five boy band members were in love with me, one being my best friend's crush.

Oh, how I wished to go back to my normal life.

-----

A/N: Sorry for the long wait, but as a reward both Yasira and I wrote this chapter. We're pretty satisfied with it, haha.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow! We wuv you! <3

- Amani