Chapter 35

Natalie's POV

I didn't bother to check if Ashley was really gone. I just went to my room, crawled under my covers, and put in my headphones. For all I knew, Ashley could be at the bottom of a lake and I wouldn't care.

Lana del Rey was blasting so loudly that I didn't hear the door open. I felt a hand on my leg and uncovered myself to come face to face with Liam. He smiled softly, "Are you okay?"

"If wanting to murder someone is okay, then yes." I said, completely serious.

He gave me that fatherly look that I hated. "Natalie, I know you may not like Ashley, but she is your family. You should care about her. I don't know how well your relationship is with Harry, but he seems happy. At least be civil with her, for Harry."

"I can pretend."

"That's good enough for me," he grinned. "So will you come out to the living room with us? Louis wants to play Twister with everyone."

"Does 'everyone' include Ashley?"

"Frankly, yes."

I crinkled up my nose. "Ew."

He rolled his eyes. "C'mon, stop acting like a school girl."

"Fine." I muttered, ripping out my headphones and climbing out of bed. I followed Liam into the living room where everyone was sitting and waiting for me. Liam sat next to Jenna on the floor, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. She leaned her head on his shoulder.

I didn't bother to sit down. I crossed my arms over my chest and stood there awkwardly, trying not to look at Harry and Ashley whispering to each other.

"So, shall we start?" Louis broke the silence by saying.

He jumped up from his seat and reached for the game, Twister. He opened the box and laid the mat on the floor. The mat was had four rows, each a different color. Louis pulled a piece of cardboard from the box. That also had different colors.

"Does everyone know how to play?"

"I don't," Ashley piped up. "Maybe Natalie can teach me."

I tried not to glare at her. "I don't know how to play, either." I lied, but no one knew that. Maybe Jen did, but she stayed quiet, thankfully.

"Basically, you have to put your hand or foot on what color I say. If you don't or you fall, you're out. I'll spin this to choose what the color is and if you have to put your hand or foot." Louis quickly explained.

"Seems easy! Let's play!" Little Miss Perfect said, clapping. It was funny how she acted like an angel around Harry, but when it was me and her, she was possessed by some evil spirit.

*

"Left hand on red!" Louis said, laughing when we all tried to twist our bodies so that we could do what he says.

"Ow!" Niall yelled when he landed flat on his face.

"Out!" Harry shouted, smiling to himself. Now, it was only Zayn, Harry, Ashley, and I left. Not trying to brag or anything, but I'm pretty much the Twister champion. I'm freakily flexible.

"Left foot on yellow!"

I reached out to touch the yellow with my foot and almost had it until someone pushed my hand out from under me. My wrist bent at a weird angle and I ended up falling on my arm.

"You're out." Ashley smirked.

"Freaking shit," I cursed under my breath, trying to keep my breathing steady. "Owwwww." I moaned, pulling my hand out from under me.

My wrist was bent at a weird angle and it hurt like hell.

"Ohmygosh!" Jenna gasped, rushing to my side. "Is her wrist broken?! Look what you did, Ashley! You cheated and hurt my best friend."

"I didn't know that wasn't part of the rules." She said, playing innocent.

I rolled my eyes. "You knew good and well that it wasn't part of the rules. I oughta ... "

I didn't get to finish my sentence because then, everything went black.

----

A/N: Thanks for reading, lovelies! please vote and comment your thoughts about Ashley.

oh, and hang tight. we're updating TSC tonight yay! please read that too, it's only four chapters!

if you live in the US, what do you think about that cold earlier this week?

- Amani x