Chapter 44

Natalie's POV

I woke up secured in a tight hold. I smiled and snuggled deeper into Niall's arms, hearing his warm laugh.

"Good morning love." Niall croaked out. Mph, now that was I sound I could get used to. My eyes briefly closed as he placed a kiss on my head. I opened my eyes and they landed on a red circle on my calendar.

"Today." I gulped, a feeling of dread overcoming me. "You leave for America today."

"Yep, two months of recording in LA." He sighed, getting up and fixing his messed up hair. "I'll be counting down the days to get back here to you." He gave me a toothy grin, resulting in me smacking him with my pillow.

"Oi, stop it you cheesehead." I giggled, running around my flat while he chased me. "AGH!" I was grabbed by the waist and pinned on the couch. Memories of performing the same childish activities with Harry shot through my mind like a bullet train leaving me unaffected. I giggled as Niall kissed my neck, his hair tickling my nose.

"You know, I think I'll miss Zayn more than you."

"Oh is that so?" He smiled, holding my hands above my head. I nodded, biting my lip to stifle a grin. "Well I guess then I'll have to make you miss me." His lips pressed against mine and immediately my arms wrapped around his neck.

"GUYS! WHOS READY FOR AMERICA!!" Louis shouted, the other boys trailing through the front door.

Niall and I groaned in response, getting up to greet them. I sent a nod towards Harry and he just shrugged at me.

"I know I shouldn't have trusted you with a key to my house!" I scolded Liam.

I walked to the fridge to get a bottle of water when I felt a presence behind me.

"Natalie, can I talk to you?" Harry fumbled with his hands. I looked back at the boys playing around in the living room and turned back to Harry.

"Sure."

"Okay, so to start I'm so sorry. I acted so childish and immature when I was with you and I hope you can forgive me." He looked at me with those piercing green eyes.

"I forgive you Harry, but that doesn't mean I'll give you a second chance." I messed with the cap to the water, screwing and unscrewing it.

"That's ok, I never wanted one. I see how happy Niall makes you and vice versa. I never wanted to be the bad guy here." He gave me a genuine smile and I returned it. I hugged him, secretly smelling his cologne.

"Do I smell better than Niall?" He chuckled.

"Nope, not even close." I jumped up to ruffle his hair before running into the living room. I jumped onto Niall, getting an 'oomph' sound from him.

"So when are you guys leaving?" I laid back against Niall's chest, as he started to play with my hair.

"Well we were supposed to leave in an hour but we are waiting until two." Liam said.

"Only because lover-boy over here wants to wait for Jenna to get off of work." Louis teased while I cooed.

"Hey you would do the same Lou with Eleanor. " Harry pointed out, which all of us agreed to.

------

We were on our way to the airport, Niall and I in my car while the guys got in the van with their security guards. There wasn't any dialogue exchanged between us two, probably because neither of us had an idea of what to say to the other.

"Niall," I pipped up, catching his attention. "About waiting, I don't want to."

A confused look crossed his face and I quickly clarified my confusing words. "I mean like, I don't have a reason to wait. I already decided."