Chapter 21: Bitter Outcome

Your P.O.V

Sting, Lector, and I rush to the infirmary to check on Rogue. It's been about twenty-five minutes since Frosch flew him to the infirmary, and we would've been there sooner, but I had to completely check to see that Sting was okay first. He just had a small gash on the back of his head, but there were no signs of a concussion. It seems that Rogue got the worst of it.

"Damnit! This place is such a fucking maze!" I growl angrily as we run through the arena.

"Calm down, (Y/N). We'll find it," Sting says.

"Easy for you to be calm! Your boyfriend isn't possibly dead in a hospital bed!" I retort. Suddenly, I'm yanked back by my upper arm and Sting is glaring down at me.

"Rogue is my best friend. I've known him almost my entire life and that's a hell of a lot longer than you have. We've been through and done everything together. The only reason I'm staying calm is because I know I have to. One of us needs to have a clear head and I know it won't be you," he says calmly.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. He's completely right. I open my eyes and nod. "Thanks."

We don't say another word as we dart through the hallways that all look completely the same. I try to use my dragon slayer nose, but there have been way too many people around to pick up one scent.

We continue running until we see Frosch fly into view. "This way!" he directs, leading us down another hallway and around a corner.

The door is ajar and I sprint ahead of everyone and into the room where my Rogue is sitting up against the headboard in a light purple colored robe with a bandage wrapped around his head and one over his nose. A blanket is covering his bottom half and I'd like to assume he's wearing pants.

I run into the empty room and, as gently as possible, engulf him in a hug. He wraps his arm around me and I feel a few tears fall from my eyes. After a few minutes, we break a part and I sit on the edge of the bed with his hands in mine.

"I'm so happy you're okay," I say, looking into his naturally red eyes.

Rogue looks at me a few more moments before speaking in a low voice. "I'm sorry, who are you?"

My smile drops and I feel my chest tighten. My eyes drift over to the equally shocked Sting and Lector who are staring incredulously at Rogue. I look back at Rogue and watch as his mouth slightly twitches at the corners.

"Nah, I'm just messing with you," he chuckles.

I breathe out a sigh of relief then punch his arm. He hisses in pain and clutches his already hurting bicep.

"You're such an asshole," I growl.

"I'm sorry. You guys were just so tense that it was making me uncomfortable," Rogue apologizes, looking between Sting and I.

"I thought you were dead," I whisper, my voice cracking.

Rogue's eyes widen. He then grabs me and pulls me into his lap, craddling my body to his as I bury my face in the crook of his neck.

"I'd never leave you guys, and there's no way I'd be able to forget any of you no matter how hard I tried."

"We know. I actually thought the joke was pretty funny," Sting says.

"Sting, you should probably go get changed and showered before we have to see Master Jiemma. He's going to be furious," I point out.

The room becomes silent at the realization that Rogue and Sting could be kicked out of the guild, or worse, killed. But I'd never let that happen. They'd have to kill me first.