Chapter 15: Malefor and Nature

Nature flew out to Warfang to check if Malefor had begun any harm to anyone. She landed on a cliff her and Spyro had landed on before, and looked out over the city.

Her eyes scanned the area until they rested on Malefor's moving form in the middle of the city. Every mole in the city was surrounding him as he walked heavily in a circle.

He spoke loudly, his deep voice booming through the air. Chills slithered down Nature's spine as she listened to him.

" As you all know, I am the new leader of Warfang. This is my city and my city only. And if anyone-."

"- But Miles, Meril, and Merx are the leaders of Warfang!"

A young mole, clearly oblivious to the recent events, spoke against Malefor. This put him into an irritated state.

He turned his head slowly to face the young male mole, glaring evilly down at him. The youngling cowered as Malefor walked over and stared him down.

Malefor twitched his top lip up in annoyance, showing his sharp, glittering teeth.

" And if anyone denies my leadership.... They shall burn in the depths of the Ruins-," He lowered his head closer to the youngling, his heavy, thick breath swaying the moles fur,"- And have Mile's body as grave company."

The youngling shivered and gasped, backing up into the crowd. Malefor lifted his head high, grinning down at the surrounding fear-stricken moles.

His eyes wandered to the buildings and towers of Warfang. The moles whispered to each other, and although their airy, noiseless voices were loud enough for Malefor to hear, he was completely ignorant of them.

He was lost in his mind as he thought about his control over Warfang. He thought about his return, that he was back alive. He felt free again, he felt immortal.

His eyes wandered higher and higher, along the mountains and hills around, including the cliff Nature was standing on. He didn't notice her until she ducked in an attempt to go unnoticed.

" Hey!!"

Dark Cyan called after Nature, his thoughts suddenly disappearing as his main focus was finding Nature's intentions of eavesdropping.

Nature clenched her eyes and let out a long sigh of nervousness before standing up straight. Every mole had their eyes on her as she stepped up to the cliff's edge, much like a wolf about to howl.

Dark Cyan glared at her as she stared down at the crowd.

" Nature! Come.... Join the meeting!"

Nature flicked her head upwards in denial. Dark Cyan saw her gesture and resisted getting angry at his infatuation.

" Why not? It's not a party until you are here."

Nature shook her head stubbornly.

" A party full of threatens and rules? Sounds more like a jail."

She grinned at her sass. Dark Cyan, more irritated than before tried lying to make her come down.

" Oh... This? This is but a mere game. We are only playing. I would never do anything merciless to these poor, leaderless moles."

Meril glared up at him and stomped his feet.

" I was leader until you showed up!!"

Dark Cyan turned his head to the mole and growled a warning. Meril quickly took the hint and stepped back into the crowd. Dark Cyan was glaring at the mole when Nature smirked.

" A game, huh? If this scene here is a so called 'game', then... Your new leadership must be fake, and the moles' fear must be staged."

Dark Cyan lifted his top lip in annoyance at her trick. She knew he was lying, and made his lie backfire by stating that his new leadership is part of his fake 'game'.

" What are your intentions of being here?"

Nature finally flew down to meet with him.

" Well, I'm here to audition for this play. I want the part of the female dragon who defeats Malefor."

Dark Cyan chuckled at her idea. Nature smiled victoriously at him.

" And must I say, your acting is quite surreal. It's so convincing, much like your lie."

Dark Cyan knew she was sassing him down, and didn't want to be humiliated in front of his new subjects.

" Well Nature.... Um..."

He was lost for words, giving the opportunity for Nature to give more sass.

" I'm gonna take that as I got the part. I would practice with you and your 'subjects' but seeing that I'm already victorious over verbal communication, I don't think I need practice for physical victory."

She grinned slyly and ascended into the air.

" I'll return for the real play soon enough, don't worry, Malefor. Your leadership won't go unnoticed."

She left quickly, feeling good for beating him through her sarcastic sass. Dark Cyan stood among the crowd, humiliated and a clear look of defeat bright on his face.