Chapter 18: Spyro's Realization

After the shock wave came over Spyro, he realized his first priority was to find Electro. Still unbelieving about Nature, he approached Terrador and the other Guardians, who were gathered in a meeting to talk about Malefor's return.

" Have you guys seen my son?"

Terrador gave him a look of concern as he shook his head.

" No, I haven't seen Electro anywhere around the Temple," He looked around at the other Guardians." Nobody has."

Spyro stomped on the ground as he tried to keep his frustrated tears back. Cyril stepped forward and tilted his head in confusion.

" Has he gone missing, Spyro?"

Spyro nodded as a tear found its way down his cheek. Terrador shrugged his shoulders and cleared his throat.

" Perhaps you should go check with Cyan."

" I tried to. But Nature told me to let her go alone. She was acting strange back at in the Entrance Hall. Almost like she knew something."

Terrador remembered her Diamond Ability. He grew slightly nervous, resisting to tell him the possible reason why she was acting strange.

" D..... Do you think she knows where Electro is?"

Spyro shrugged and turned so his back was facing them.

" I don't know. I know Malefor is in Warf-"

He stopped mid-sentence. A sudden realization seemed to throw him off his train of thought. He turned around with wide, dry eyes.

"- Wait.... In order for Malefor to be alive... He must have a host, right?"

Terrador looked up in thought, seeing what Spyro was getting at.

" Well... Yes. Malefor's spirit was the only remain from his defeat. All he needed to resurrect was another dragon to possess. A host."

Spyro gasped as he fit the pieces together.

" Cyan!!"

He flew out of the Temple without another word to the Guardians. His wings beat as fast as they could as he rushed to tell Cynder his findings.

" Cynder!"

He stumbled as he landed in the cave, losing his footing and falling on everything but his legs. Crystal jerked her head up from her sleep at her father's sudden shout. Cynder helped him up with concern.

" Spyro! Slow down! Did you find Electro?"

Spyro shook his head as he caught his breath.

" No, but I found something about Malefor!"

Cynder gave him a frustrated and angry look.

" Malefor isn't our son, Spyro!"

" I know! But Malefor has taken Cyan as his host! Malefor's spirit is in Cyan's body!"

Cynder growled at him and snarled.

" What does that have to do with Electro??!!"

Spyro suddenly put on a straight face and lowered his voice.

" Malefor has our son."

Cynder didn't believe him all the way, knowing that he didn't have proof.

" How can you be so sure?!"

" Cynder, he's not at the Temple. Where else would he be?"

" You shouldn't jump to conclusions with such little proof!"

" Spyro! Cynder!"

Nature flew in, exhausted and out of breath. Sweat dripped down the sides of her shocked face.

" Malefor has your son!"