Chapter.1 "the guy"

The day is Friday, July 26th to be precise. The hottest month of the year. With the sun and it's heated rays beaming every ounce of land it catches. It's every teenagers dream to be on summer vacation during this time... Even me. But I can't, according to my high maintenance parents, they have other plans for me. This isn't a out of the ordinary type of thing. This happens every summer, my parents go out on exhilaratingly fancy vacations together, leaving me home alone with my baby brother Nathan who is currently four years of age. His eyes are a light shade of brown that glisten when the light hits them, followed by his slightly waved brown hair. He gets his looks from our father... David Michael Parker. My father is a government worker for the country of Canada. You would think that somebody in the profession would have the common sense not to leave their children alone unattended by any parental or guardian supervision. But you think wrong, I mean don't get mis leaded... I love my parents to bits, but they don't see children the way normal parents see their kids. They are so controlling.... They want me to go to college for who knows how long to get a masters degree in law, and follow into the family steps. But that's just not what I want, an they are well aware of that... Been aware of that. But nothing stops them from trying. I'm currently seventeen years old and will be going into the twelfth grade of Stratford High School in just a month or so. I wouldn't call myself a little miss popular but I'm near it. Just without the tight fitted, cleavage showing, slut written all over it outfits.. And the snobby attitude. There's only three girls in my school that fit the description perfectly. Grace Crenshaw, Elizabeth Stern, and their head bitch who basically everyone loathes.. Caitlyn Rushmore. I'd tell you why nobody likes her, but I'd only make myself sick thinking about her.
I got rushed out of my thoughts as I felt a sprinkle of rain land on my smoothed skin. I raise my head in confusion as I stare at the once sunny sky, now grey and ever so gloomy spilling more and more raindrops by the second. I groan at the unexpected weather as I stuff my writing journal and pen into my side bag and stand to my feet from sitting down on the park bench. I pull my light gray jacket hood over my head protecting my hair and face from the droplets of water. I quickly walk down the side walk to head back to my house that's only a five minute walk from here. I usually go to the park a few times a week alone to write things down in my writing journal. It helps as some say.. Relieve stress and all that annoying stuff. I soon hear the rain beat against the pavement indicating it was now pouring. I roll my eyes and turn my head and see a guy sitting in his vehicle... Just staring at me. I furrow my eyebrows a little getting a bad vibe. The dude looked about eighteen or nineteen. Nothing more, nothing less. I shook my head from his glare and quickened my pace up the street not wanting to go home soaked and get nagged at by my parents. I pass by my neighborhoods houses soon seeing the home that sticks out the most... My home. A three story house made of only the finest building material, as our windows were more fancy and decorative, and doors shimmery expensive gold and glasses, our yard a perfect shade of green, and well gardened. The back having a enormously large in ground pool. As you're guessing my family is very much wealthy, when it comes to money, my parents are practically hoarding it all. It's no secret they are top class in government but it's not always perfect in our family. It's the same drama as all the rest. They are always bickering about work so much that I'm surprised that they even have time for anything else.
I scurry up the long straight driveway that eventually leads to the front door of my house. I rummage through my bag and slip my set of keys out, I grab hold of the one for the house and insert it into the key slot and twist the knob making the door open. I close it behind myself as I kick off my black and pink van shoes to the side of the door and throw my book bag beside it.

"Madison!"

I hear a child shout with obvious enthusiasm in his tone. I smile as I see my brother Nathan appear in the main entrance of the house, which I was in.

"Hey buddy, come here."

I held out my arms for him to leap into. I swiftly caught him in my hold and held him up on my left hip an gave him a sisterly kiss on the cheek.

"Mommy! Madison is home!"

Nathan screeched as we entered the kitchen. My mom turned away from her cooking as she spotted me.

"Madison Anne Parker, why on earth are your clothes wet and home this late?!"

She raised her voice slightly crossing her arms across her chest and tapped her foot against the tiled flooring impatiently waiting for my answer.
Oh here we go....