Chapter Forty One

Serena and I arrive at the penthouse laughing and talking about how awesome the night went. All our friends showed up and we had a blast. None of them could believe that John and Rob spoke last night let alone that he is in NY. John left when I broke up with him. He transferred schools and moved in with some family member in California and although I felt bad for him, it's not like I was going to stop him.

We're in two different worlds now and if he's helge same John I remember, he'll respect that even if he doesn't agree with it. Either way I know Rob wouldn't let him in my sights, thankfully.

Serena is beat so she goes upstairs to the extra room which we have set up with a bed for her tonight, you know the bride and groom can't see each other before the wedding...

I am looking for Rob everywhere but he's not here so I hop into the shower. I get out, put on my silk robe and he's still not here... It's one in the morning, that's odd. J isn't here either so I'm guessing he's with him. I'm not going to sleep without him so I wait up for him, I go to the living room and watch some TV.

It's one thirty and I hear the elevator ding. He's here. He comes in ever so quietly and I stand up, my arms crossed but with a smile on my face.

"Amber! You're uh... Awake? I thought you'd be sleeping by now..."

"No babe, I can't sleep not knowing where you are."

"I'm sorry.., but uh, I got you something!" He's carrying a small black bag with initials on the front. He takes out a long slim box and another small box and hands them to me. "It's so you can wear them tomorrow, I want you to look even more beautiful than you already are. It's an important day."

I open the boxes and in one there is a gold diamond necklace, the band has small diamonds and in the center a single square diamond. In the other box are a set of earrings. The entire earring is diamonds in the shape of a diamond. Oh. My. God.

"Rob how will I ever get used to this." I am without words.

"I have a hunch you will."

"Now what does that mean?"

"It means that I want to see my girlfriend wearing that tomorrow. You are going to look stunning. I also bought a wedding gift for Serena, I thought you would like that, from both of us, remember the necklace you saw and I told you I wanted it for you but you said it's more Serena's type?"

"Oh my goodness! Rob!" I leap onto him hugging him and kissing him. I love my thoughtful man. "You are just... So much more than what I ever asked for. I love you. That's very sweet."

"Anything for you my love. I also got myself a new pair of aviators!" I roll my eyes. "You know I can never have enough!"

"Well you'd better prepare for tomorrow since not many people know you'll be there. Some people are still in the dark about our relationship and exactly who you are."

"Well family and friends, no biggie, paparazzi, that's what I have J and his squad for. There will be absolutely no interruptions tomorrow."

"Great." I smile and he places the bag down on the counter, I notice other things in the bag.

"What else did you buy babe?"

"Just stuff for me, you know." He hands the bag to J who arrives behind him and his attention is completely on me.

"Lets go to bed Rob we have to wake up at ten. The wedding is at two."

"Yes babe I know, go to the bedroom and ill be there in a sec." I do as he says and I lay down, he accompanies me immediately going at the tie on my robe.

"Tonight babe?"

"I want you Amber."

"I can never say no to you Rob."

"I'm counting in it." He leans in and kisses me hard making his way down and I know we're going to wake up exhausted.