Chapter Sixty - The Finale (Part 1)

Rob is still in the shower and my results are almost fully appearing.

"Babe is that you?"

"Of course Rob, who's gonna be in here with you?" I giggle so as to not make him suspicious.

I decide to change location to the upstairs room since all I need is to wait for the results.

Shit! J is in the living room! I tuck the test in my pocket and run upstairs, J's voice trailing me.

I open the door and sit on a chair.

Ok. Breathe. Look at the test. One line for no, two for yes.

I take it out of my pocket and look down.

"Babe why are you up he- oh my god. You think you're pregnant?!"

I respond looking down at the test, "Nope. Now I know I am."

...........

Morning now and Rob has canceled his entire day AND mine to go to a doc to get a sonogram of our baby.

I actually didn't sleep last night. Well he stood up with me for a while, the anxiety from the surprise turned my stomach so bad. We stood up all night talking about names, what we hope it is, (I want a boy!) and our many mixed emotions. Of course I am ecstatic to be carrying the love of my life's child and he is going to make a great dad, but I'm also nervous and scared... Labor is really hard and is unpredictable sometimes how long it'll last and there are sometimes complications...

I really need to focus on the pros rather than the cons, We're having a baby! I would love to name him, if he's a boy, Robert after his dad, Rob says he doesn't want that but I'm sure I can convince him.

So we're in the doctors office and are called in. We explain and the doc brings sonogram equipment eventually to confirm my pregnancy.

He moves it around and he explains the details on the screen.

"See this Mr. and Mrs. Downey? That's your baby. You are indeed pregnant. Congratulations!"

I see a tear roll down Rob's face and a huge smile ear to ear. I can't wait for our baby to be here!

"So you're about month pregnant Mrs. Downey." Wow. "I will continue your check up and have you follow up for prenatal care."

A whole month I've been pregnant. Wow. So that means the first time I took a prego test with Rob, I actually was pregnant.

"I knew it!" Rob yells with satisfaction as we step into the SUV heading back home. "I absolutely knew you were preggerz my love."

"A whole month. Yes babe you were right."

"J!" Rob yells at J even though he's right in front of us. He's way too excited but I don't care, seeing him this happy ignites it in me too. "I'm gonna be a dad!"