Chapter 7- We'll Be a Dream

Sorry I haven't been updating. I have writers block .-.

*WHITNEY POV*

Demi had gotten all of the information that we needed about my mom. She won't have a funeral. I'm sort of happy about that because I don't think I could handle it. My mom was one of the best people on earth before she gave me up. Those were good times.

Lately, I haven't been eating. I guess the depression of everything that's happened has come back. The last meal I ate was breakfast before we left for the concert and that was almost 2 days ago. The thing is, I'm still not hungry. 

"Whiteny, what do you want for dinner?" Demi asked. Perfect timing right? 

"I'm not really hungry. Just fix whatever you want," I told her. I walked to the living room and turned on the TV. Of course the thing that came on was Master Chef. I scoffed and changed it to some disney channel show.

"Whit, hon, you need to eat.." She said to me. I shook my head no.

"Demi, really... I'm not hungry."

She came into the living room and sat next to me. I turned the TV off. It's not like I'm really watching it anyways.

"Listen, I know the depression is over-taking you right now. You're dealing with the death of your mother. Your father is in prison. Not eating, will just make it worse. When I went into treatment in 2010, I couldn't finish a meal. I ate probably once a day. When I did eat, I threw it back up. I honestly still have trouble eating, but if I don't eat, I know I'll just be ruining my health. Please eat, for me?"

"When will it get easier?" I asked starting to cry. "I mean, I'm almost 16 years old. My life wasn't supposed to end up like this!" Demi put her arm around me and I leaned my head on her shoulder.

"Darling, I'm almost 21 and I'm still having life problems."

"Okay. Can we eat a salad and some chicken? I'm kind of in the mood for that," I said wiping my tears. Demi nodded.

"Of course." She got up and went to fix it. I sat there silently, thinking about just life in general. 

Do you remember the nights

We'd stay up just laughing

Smiling for hours

At anything

Remember the nights

We drove around crazy in love

Demi sang softly. This is one of my favourite songs.

When the lights go out

We'll be safe and sound

We'll take control of the world

Like it's all we have to hold on to

And we'll be a dream

I haven't sung in a while. Why not give it a shot?

Do you remember the nights

We made our way dreaming

Hoping of being

Someone big

We were so young then

We were too crazy

In love

Demi turned around and smiled. I closed my eyes, belting out the chorus with her.

When the lights go out

We'll be safe and sound

We'll take control of the world

Like it's all we have to hold on to

And we'll be a dream

Whoa whoa

Whoa whoa

Whoa whoa

When the lights go out

We'll be safe and sound

We'll take control of the world

Like it's all we have to hold on to

And we'll be

When the lights go out

We'll be safe and sound

We'll take control of the world

Like it's all we have to hold on to

And we'll be a dream

Demi looked at me like I was a giant beast in a 15 year old girl's body. I laughed.

"What? you haven't ever heard a girl sing before?" She set the dinner on the table and we sat down to eat. My appetite had come back and I realized how hungry I was.

"I have, but Whit, I don't know you could sing like that!" She chuckled. 

"A few years ago, I had gotten the Sing It game for the Wii. I would practice with you all the time. Now, I can actually say I'm decent," I took a bite of my salad.

"You're more than decent. You're me," she said. That is coming from Demi Lovato herself. That literally made my day.

"I'm going to have to get you known somehow. We'll start small. How about YouTube?" She asked. I let out a huge breath.

"I-I don't know, Dem. I don't like people watching me. Even if it is online," I started.

"Listen. We'll start you out easy. Sing one of my songs okay??" She asked. I nodded and smiled.

"Alright,"

We continued to eat dinner while singing some of her songs trying to figure out which one is the best.

_________________________

It's short. deal with it.