Chapter 9- Believe in me

Sorry I haven't updated in so long. It takes a while for me to figure out what happens next. oops xD Anyways, I hope it goes well!

*WHITNEY POV*

"Hey, Whitney! Can you come down here please?" Demi called for me from downstairs. I closed the magazine I was reading which was loaded with One Direction, my favorite band at the moment, and walked downstairs. She was sitting on the couch with the laptop in front of her. I sat on the edge and waited for her to talk.

"I uploaded this video yesterday and guess how many views you have?" She asked me, beaming.

"I don't know. How many?" I chuckled. 

"140,068 views Whitney. 140,068. Whitney, when my vevo puts something out, I get that many in a month, not in a freaking day!" I smiled at her, then remembering that the comments could either be good or bad.

"Scroll down," I told her. Her smile vanished as if she was ashamed to show me the comments. She did as I said and leaned back.

"You suck. Crybaby. Your mom died because of your voice? Demi, what the hell? I thought you said people would love it!" I teared up. She was breathless and all she could do was stare at those comments. "Demi!" 

"I'm sorry. I th-thought they would because your voice really is magnificent. I honestly think they're just jealous and-"

"Jealous? Don't give me that spiel! I heard it so many times before. 'Don't listen to them.they're just jealous' or 'They're jealous of your body'. Demi, why in the hell would they be jealous of me? I'm ugly, a screw up, and most recently a terrible singer. I can never win." By then, I was in tears. Demi got up to come hug me. I nudged my head into her shoulder while sobbing.

"Whitney, I can promise you that this stuff is never easy. Everyone gets hate every once in a while."

"Every once in a while?" I scoffed. "Demi, I get it every single day."

"It will go away eventually. I promise." She said to me. "Well, here's the second thing I need to talk to you about," She started. I sat up and wiped my tears.

"You're going back to school starting Monday. I need time to record, and you really need an education," She stated. I looked at her with my eyes about to pop out of my head.

"I can't go back to school. Demi, school is what made me start cutting and having an eating disorder. I-I can't do this." I started having a legitimate panic attack. Demi rubbed her hands on my back but it wouldn't stop.

"Whit, calm down hon. You'll be fine. It's a different school. New people, you'll make new friends." She said that, and I started hypervenilating more.

"Demi, I'm not good at making friends. Th-they always turn on me. I can't Demi. I just can't." I cried more.

"Listen, give it a shot, okay? You never know until you try. I understand your situation. If it gets too bad, I'll consider you doing online school, but for now, you have to push through public school. I have to start recording for my next album."

I nodded my head and wiped my tears again. School is a prison of people who want to bring you down. It's like I'm drowning and I can't get out of it. 

____________________________

I heard my alarm clock go off at 6:00. I really didn't miss waking up this early. I got out of bed and trudged into the bathroom where I just looked at myself in the mirror.

"Ugh. What a fat, ugly, worthless piece of shit," I said to myself in the mirror as I brushed my hair and straightened it. I didn't even want to bother with makeup but I did anyways.

I finished "prepping" and I walked downstairs to see Demi eating some peanut butter toast. I sat down next to her and just stared at the plate she already had made for me.

"Are you going to eat?" She asked me. I rested my head on my hand and closed my eyes.

"I'm not really hungry, Demi. I'll eat at lunch. I promise." I said tiredly. She got up, and picked up her purse as I got up and walked right behind her out to the car.

"Demi, I honestly don't think this is going to work out," I said to her, fumbling with my fingers. She just took one of my hands and put it in hers. She didn't say a word, but I knew what she was saying. I was being reassured. She was telling me that she believes in me.

We parked in the school parking lot and I got out, putting my backpack on. Demi got out as well and I got really confused.

"Um, what are you doing?" I asked her. She was putting more lipstick on, while trying to talk to me.

"I'm walking you to your first class. Then I'll leave." She said as she shut her door. I shut mine right after her and I walked behind her.

Everybody was staring at us. Of course it was because Demi Lovato was entering the school. I guess I just feel like they're only eyeing me. 

"You're first class is English which is right down that hallway, okay? I love you, Whitney. Stay strong and do your best. We will talk when you get home." She said holding my hand.

"Okay. Bye Demi!" I said, as I hugged her tightly. I watched her walk out of the door and suddenly, I was by myself. There were many people around me but I was alone. It's a different feeling.

I walked down the hall and into the class. Immediately, there were people staring at me. I just sat down in the first seat in the corner. I got out my notebook and started writing Demi's lyrics to believe in me.

"Uh, excuse me, you're in my seat," I heard a girl say. I looked up and you would never believe who it was. Karalee Mason. The head cheerleader at my old school.

"Whitney? What the hell are you doing here?" She asked me, looking disgusted. "I thought you would have killed yourself already."

"I just looked at her and said, "What are you doing here, Karalee? Get kicked out of our old school again?" I smirked at her. She looked really offended. I got up and sat in the seat two ahead of her. 

_________________

I had gotten through the first 4 periods without anything happening, but lunch is a different story. 

I sat down at a table all by myself, pulling out my journal again, finishing those lyrics.

"Uh, hi. Do you mind if I sit here?" a boy asked me. I shook my head no and he sat down. 

"What's your name?" He asked me. I looked up and sat my pencil down.

"Whitney. Whitney Baybridge. Yours?" I asked him back.

"Jordan. Jordan Lynch." He said, and suddenly, everything clicked. 

You mean Ross Lynch's brother?" You asked in amazement. He nodded and looked down. 

"What do you want? Money? an autograph?"

"No. Believe me. I don't want anything. I'm Demi Lovato's sister. They never ask me for anything, but they always crowd Demi and it's actually really frustrating," I chuckled. He smiled at me.

"At least someone here gets me," he said. I smiled and went back to writing. 

Not even two seconds after that, I could feel something went spill all over me. 

I turned around to see that Karalee had dumped her water on me. 

"Oops," she said acting all innocent. I got up, and grabbed my journal, running out of the cafeteria and through the double doors and back home. The same place I was a year ago.

____________________________

decided to give you guys a long chapter!! hope you like it!