Chapter 8- Nightingale

I think I've conquered my writers block asdfghjkl; whoop I win!

*WHITNEY POV*

"What about Fix a Heart?" Demi asked scrolling through her ipod. The fact that Demi has her own songs on her iPod is amazing.  

"and I just ran out of bandaids, I don't even know where to start. Cause you can bandage the damage, you never really can fix a heart"

She shook her head, "Good. But it's not the one." I nodded in agreement. We've tried every single song in her last 3 albums and none of them really fit. We still have her album DEMI to try.

"I got it. Nightingale. It's perfect. It gives you enough emotion and I think it would fit!" Demi said with a smile. I just looked at her.

"Demi. You do realize that that song is the hardest song on your album right? I could never pull that off!" I yelled. She came over to hug me.

"Yes you can, Whitney. If you believe you can, you're capable of anything! Sing a few bars." I sighed and cleared my throat.

"Can you be my nightingale? Sing to me I know you're there. You can be my sanity, bring me peace, sing me to sleep. Say you'll be my nightingale."

When I looked at Demi, the smile on her face has gotten bigger. I'm guessing that means that I found my song.

"You just found your song!" She said.

"I figured," I laughed at her. 

Demi was getting the camera ready in the living room while I was in the kitchen drinking water. Something about this just didn't feel right. What if the same thing that happened last time, happens this time. 

"Demi, will you promise me something?" I asked her. She finished plugging in the last cord when she answered me.

"Of course, Whit.  What is it?" 

"Promise me that you'll never let me go. You're the only thing I have. My mom's dead. My father is in jail, and I'm an only child. You're the only thing left," a tear slipped from my eye, remembering my mom. She came over to hug me. 

"Listen, your mom is your nightingale now, alright? She's watching over you. I can promise you that I will never leave you. You mean everything to me, Whitney. Everything." Demi said to me, wiping the tears off my face. I smiled and sighed and went into the living room to stand in front of the camera.

I had put on makeup, curled my hair, and put on a really cute dress. I really didn't like the idea of getting dressed up, but the last time I didn't and was on camera, bad things happened so, I thought that this time I should,

"Whenever you're ready," Demi said from behind the camera. I nodded and she hit the record button.

"Hi everyone. My name is Whitney Baybridge. Some may know me as Demi Lovato's sister," I smiled when I said her name and I could see her smiling back.

"Demi really wanted people to see how well I could sing, so I'm singing her song Nightingale because it means a lot to me. Let me remind you that I am not as good as Demi, but she thinks I am and that's why I am making this video, so here we go."

I can't sleep tonight

Wide awake and so confused

Everything's in line 

But I am bruised

I need a voice to echo

I need a light to take me home

I kinda need a hero

Is it you?

I never see the forest for the trees

I could really use your melody

Baby I'm a little blind

I think it's time for you to find me

Can you be my nightingale?

Sing to me 

I know you're there

You could be my sanity 

Bring me peace

Sing me to sleep

Say you'll be my nightingale

Somebody speak to me

Cause I'm feeling like hell

Need you to answer me

I'm overwhelmed

I need a voice to echo

I need a light to take me home

I need a star to follow

I don't know

I never see the forest for the trees

I could really use your melody

Baby I'm a little blind

I think it's time for you to find me

Can you be my nightingale?

Sing to me 

I know you're there

You could be my sanity 

Bring me peace

Sing me to sleep

Say you'll be my nightingale

I don't know what I'd do without you

Your words are like a whisper come through

As long as you are with me here tonight

I'm good

Can you be my nightingale?

Still so close 

I know you're there

Oh, nightingale

You sing to me 

I know you're there

'Cause baby you're my sanity

You bring me peace

Sing me to sleep

Say you'll be my nightingale

Oh

Mm, mm

Mm

I finished singing and all of a sudden, I could feel tears streaming down my face. I honestly, didn't know I was crying. I looked up at Demi and she was wiping her tears and sniffling.

"Thanks for watching. Leave your comments at the bottom and subscribe. Love you all!" I said, then I blew them a kiss.

Demi cut the camera off and came to hug me.

"I could literally feel her in the room with me. She was standing right next to me, holding my wrist. I could feel her, Demi." I cried a bit more and hugged her again.

"Whitney, that was amazing. You made me start crying. Your passion was enough to make people love you," She smiled at me. 

"I'm gonna go upstairs and take this makeup off. It doesn't suit me." I said. Demi nodded and laughed.

"Okay, I'm making lunch. Turkey sandwich alright?" I nodded and trudged upstairs.

_____________________________________

OMG GUYS. I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN LIKE A MONTH BUT I FINALLY DID HAHAHAHA WIN. I WAS SUPER BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND DANCE AND LORDY JESUS IM TIRED. ANYWAYS. COMMENT AND VOTE<3 I NEED MORE READS C: 

LOVE YOU ALL!