Chapter 15- Heart Attack

This chapter is going to be pretty short. Sorry guys<3

*WHITNEY POV*

"Whitney, do you like football?" Demi's mom asked me. 

"Yes! I love football. My grandpa and I would watch it on the weekends!" I smiled. I got up to put my plate in the trash from lunch.

"Well, what if we go to a Dallas Cowboys game tonight? Just to get your mind off things," she proposed.

"Yeah! I would love to, thanks."

"No problem, sweetie."

I got up to go to my room to change into some better clothes. I put on a t-shirt that said 'I'm Strong'. Demi bought it for me. I puton a pair of jeans and some cowboy boots, well, because I thought it was appropriate. 

I heard my phone alert for a text message. It was Demi.

"Remember. Hold on, stay strong."

I love it when she texts me those things. I replied back, "Always. you too. I love you<3"

"Whitney, are you ready?" Mrs. Dianna called for me.

"Yes ma'am! Coming!"

____________________________

We took our seats in the stands, Demi's mom next to me. and Dallas and Maddie next to her, I haven'tbeen to a live football game since I was 9. I knew I missed it as soon as I smelled the boiled peanuts and the residue of sweat. I know, it sounds gross, but it's actually a lot of fun.

"Welcome, everyone, to the Cowboys vs. Dolphins game!" the announcer said,

I watched intensely, smiling at the players coming on to the field. They got into starting position, ready for the game to officially start.

I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. It was another text from Demi.

"The feelings got lost in my lungs, they're burning I'd rather be numb, yeah there's no one else to blame."

Why in the world is she sending me song lyrics?

"TOUCHDOWN FOR THE COWBOYS!" the announcer screamed. I jumped out of my seat because it scared me to death. It almost gave me a heart attack. Woah, is Demi psychic?

I spent the rest of the first two quarters screaming for the cowboys. They're in the lead, 17-6.

"Oh! Isn't Beyonce performing at halftime?" I asked Dallas. She smiled at me like she knew a secret that I didn't.

"Uh, no. She's way better than Beyonce," She chuckled. Now I'm confused.

"Please welcome, our half-time entertainment!" the man on the mic said.

"Putting my defenses up, cuz I don't wanna fall in love. If I ever did that, I'd think I'd have a heart attack" My head snapped up to look at the field, but no one was there. That's Demi's song, and it sounds like her, but she's not there.

"Never put my love out on the line. ever said yes to the right guy. Never had trouble getting what I want, but when it comes to you, I'm never good enough," I saw Demi come up from underground and I didn't even know they could do that. She came out with blue hair. BLUE HAIR? Demi, blue hair? I covered my mouth with my hand. I can't believe she's here.

"When I don't care, I can play 'em like a Ken doll. Won't wash my hair and make 'em bounce like a basketball," I smiled while listening to her sing. I'm pretty sure I was silently crying too.

"But you, make me wanna act like a girl, paint my nails and wear high heels, yes you make me so nervous that I just can't hold your hand!" As soon as this song is over, I am literally rushing out of the stands to hug her. I didn't expect her to be back so soon.

"You make me glow, but I cover up won't letit show. So, I'm puttin' my defenses up, cuz I don't wanna fallin love. If I ever did that, I'd think I'd have a heart attack, I'd think I'd have a heart attack, I'd think I'd have a heart attack." I looked up at Mrs. Dianna, who was smiling helplessly.

"Never break a sweat for the other guys, when they come around I get paralyzed and every time I try to be myself, itcomes out wrong like a cry for help. It's just not fair, it pains more trouble than it all is worth, I gasp for air, it feels so good but you know it hurts. But you make me wanna act like a girl, paint my nails and wear perfume for you, make me so nervous that I just can't hold your hand!" I think she spotted me in the stands because she looked in my direction and smiled. She sang the chorus again, literally almost giving me a heart attack because of how good she is.

"The feelings got lostin my lungs, they're burning I'd rather be numb, yeah there's no one else to blame. So scared I take off in a run, I'm flying to close to the sun and I burst into flames," She's almost done!

"You make me glow, but I coverup, won't letit show, so I'm putting my defenses up, cuz I don't wanna fall in love. If I ever did that, I'd think I'd have a heart attack, I'd think I'd have a heart attack, I'd think I'd have a heart attack, Oh I'd think I'd have a heart attack, I'd think I'd have a heart attack"

I  shot up from my seat and ran down the stairs. I pushed past a lot of people to reach the field, where I ran as fast as possible to reach her. I knocked into her so hard, we almost fell to the ground. I burst into tears, nudging my head into her chest. She rubbed my back, comforting me.

"You're back," I bawled. She started shaking, which usually meant she was crying too.

"Yeah, I'm back."

Everyone in the crowd 'aw'ed'. I turned to the people, and everyone was looking up. We were on the big screen.

"Did you plan this?" I asked her. She smiled.

"Not at first. I was going to come back Sunday, but I got finished earlier than I thought. They asked me to sing, so I told mom to take you here."

"You're unbelievable."

"I know"

__________________________

Vote and comment<3 Thank you guys for reading :)