Chapter 16- Heart by Heart

Sorry I haven't updated in a while<3

*DEMI POV*

Yes, I dyed my hair blue. I wanted change. I've had blonde hair for the longest time. I'm actually in love with it. I did it for myself. So what if people don't like it? I like it and that's all that really matters. 

So, I was reading the adoption papers, and Whitneys 16th birthday is on Tuesday. She didn't even tell me! So, in revenge, well, it's not really revenge, but I'm throwing her a birthday party. I knod of just realized that I know nothing about her. I don't even know what her favourite color is.

"Whitney! Get yo flat booty down here!" I yelled jokingly. She came down in a hurry.

"Excuse me, but I do not have a flat butt!" She laughed.

"We've known each other for like 3 months now, and I literally know nothing about you..." I tucked my feet under myself so I could be more comfortable. "What's your favourite color?" 

"Blue. What's yours?" She shot back.

"Red. What's your favourite animal?" 

"A leopard. You?"

"A panda. What's your favourite sport?"

"Football," She looked at me ready to answer.

"Cheerleading. Thank you!" I finished the questionnaire.

"You're done? Well, you're welcome. OH MY GOD! I FORGOT TO TELL YOU! JORDAN AND I ARE DATING NOW!" She screamed. I wasn't shocked at all.

"I knew it..." I smiled.

"And R5 want me to record with them. That's okay, right?"

"Uh, duh! That's awesome," I hugged her tight and squeezed her hard.

"Good. Now, I have to do homework. Bye!" she got up and walked upstairs.

"Bye, Whit!"

__________________________

*WHITNEY POV*

I've really gotten into song writing lately. All of my past struggles, demi, and all of this positivity in my life has inspired me. 

"Hey, everybody loses it. Everybody wants to throw it all away sometimes," I wrote down in my binder, "and hey, I know what you're going through. Don't let it get the best of you, you'll make it out alive."

I let those lyrics sink into me. I made it out alive. So did Demi. I know she's been on the edge lately, but she's alright. I know she is. Right now, life is great. The paparazzi's have been looking for me left and right. I'm not even sure if I want to become famous yet. I love singing, but I hate the spotlight. I just don't want to be the next Demi Lovato.

"People like us, we've gotta stick together. Keep you're head up, nothing lasts forever. Here's tothe damned, to the lost and forgotten, it's hard to get high when you're living on the bottom," I just let the words flow. I wasn't thinking about them at all. I just let them out. 

It's been 3 months since Demi adopted me. My life has changed so tremendously, it's unreal. Just living with Demi Lovato in general is crazy. I never would have thought that my life would turn out this way. I always thought that I was going to be the anorexic and bulimic cutter that has anxiety and depression. Thanks to her, I'm not anymore.

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire. Sing it for the people like us, the people like us"

Exactly.

_____________________________

*DEMI POV*

"Hey, Ross?" I asked over the phone.

"Demi? Hey!" he spoke back.

"Hi. May I speak to Jordan for a second?" It's about Whitney." I heard him call for Jordan and he was at the phone within seconds.

"Whitney?" He asked. I chuckled to myself.

"No, it's Demi. But this is about Whitney," I turned off the TV so I could hear him better. It didn't really help much because Whit was blasting 'Never Been Hurt'' in her room.

"Hey, what's up?" he asked. I went into the kitchen for better sound.

"Okay, so Whit's 16th birthday is coming up and I want you to help me plan it. I'm going to have this huge party here, so invite everyone she knows from school, okay?" I waited for a response.

"Yeah, definitely!She didn't tell me her birthday was coming up, though!" he sounded disappointed.

"She didn't tell anyone. I had to find out for myself by looking at the adoption papers," I laughed and he did too, "but keep this a secret, okay? The party is next Saturday."

"I will! Oh and thanks for letting her sing with R5. You're the best!" he told me.

"You're welcome. In all honesty, you shouldn't be thanking me, you should be thanking her. I still can't believe she agreed to do it," I said. He laughed at my comment.

"Well, thanks anyways. I'll see you on Saturday,"

"Alright, bye!"

I hung up the phone and went upsatirs to see what Whitney was doing. I leaned up against her door. She was singing, but I wasn't familiar with the song.

"Hey, this is not a funeral. It's a revelution after all your tears have turned to rage," she sang. I had no clue what it was, but I liked it.

"Just wait. Everything will be okay, even if you're feeling like it's going down in flames, oh! People like us we've gotta stick together. Keep you're head up, nothing lasts forever. Here's to the damned, to the lost and forgotten. It's hard to gethigh when you're living on the bottom!" She sang with full force. Was this a song she's heard before? Did she write this? It's really good whatever it is. I knocked on the door and she stopped singing. I smiled when she opened the door.

"Nice song," I winked at her. She looked really embarrassed. 

"It's not finished yet. And besides, you weren't supposed to hear it," she told me. I leaned against the door frame.

"I'm sorry. I was just coming up here to ask if you wanted to go over to Jordan's house." Her face lit up brightly.

"Oh my gosh, can I?" she asked.

"Go have fun!" I laughed. She hugged me and went back in her room to get changed.

Party planning time...

___________________

Hope you liked it loves. Comment if I should do a sequel or just another Demi fanfic<3<3