Chapter 27- For the Love of a Nightingale

*WHITNEY POV*

I look back to see my dad standing there... with a gun pointed at us.

"Look, we just want Whitney back," Jordan said. 

"HA! Too bad. It doesn't come that easy," he laughed.

"Dad. Just face it. You're ruining things with me. If you hadn't had kicked me out, or kidnapped me, non of this would be a problem." I said to him. He just seemed to get more angry.

"I raised you, Whitney. Not Demi. I did" 

"No, you didn't! Demi has done more for me in 9 months than you have in 15 years!" I argued.

"WHITNEY ALIA BAYBRIDGE!"

"IT'S LOVATO YOU SON OF A BITCH!" I screamed. The next events happened within seconds. There were gunshots fired. I don't know where it went. I look around to see Jordan laying on the ground.

"JORDAN!" I cried. I bent down and covered his would with my hand. All of a sudden, Demi stepped through the door.

"One more step and you all die. You, Jordan, Whitney, and the baby!" he yells. 

"Listen, I'm not here to cause trouble. Look at this," Demi pointed to me and Jordan, "look at all the pain you're causing Whitney. You never wanted that did you?" Dad just stood there. Didn't move a muscle.

"You're causing so much damage to her... you want her to be happy, correct?" she said. He eventually nodded.

"Of course I want her to be happy. She's my daughter!" He said agressively. 

"Then, let us go," Demi said. I was still holding Jordans side, trying to stop the bleeding. His hand was holding mine as if he was telling me to go on without him, but I would never let that happen.

Dad seemed to have words but they would't come out. He finally put the gun down.

"Call 911," I said to Demi, "he's losing blood." I kissed him on the forehead, "Stay with me baby.."

"Hello? Um, we have a kid who's just been shot in the side and-" Demi was cut off by another gunshot. I flinched expecting it to be me or Demi. I turn around and my dad was bleeding out of his head. Is it bad that I don't even care?

"Uh, we have a boy shot in the side and a man who just killed himself. 1310 Aspen Dr., and hurry, he's losing blood fast," she hung up and knelt down with me.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I nodded.

"Physically, yes. Emotionally, no where near it..." I held my stomach, feeling Noah kick for the first time.

"Jordan, feel this," I put his hand on my stomach, "that's our baby," I started crying again. He has to live. I can't raise him alone.

"N-Noahh-" His breath was flowing out of his body.

"Baby, stay with me, please." I shook his hand. He couldn't talk anymore.

"JORDAN. STAY AWAKE!"

"Whitney, calm down. The medics will be here soon," Demi touched my shoulder but I shook her off.

"No, Demi. I can't wait until "soon", he's dying," I said in tears. His face was losing color, "Come on, babe. Stay with me. Noah needs you. I need you..." I sobbed. His heartbeat slowed to a stop.

I couldn't do anything but cry onto his lifeless body.

"Jordan..." I whispered. Not long after, the ambulance came.

"He died a few minutes ago, but is there any way you can help him?" I asked. No one answered. They just lifted him onto the stretcher and into the car.

I stood up and hugged Demi, crying into her shoulder.

"Oh oh oh nightingale. sing to me, I know you're there. You can be my sanity, bring me peace, sing me to sleep. can you be my nightingale?" She sang to me. I eventually stopped crying and sat on my old couch.

"All we can do is pray. I'm going to call his family. You'll be okay?" 

"Mhm," I nodded but I was far from OKAY.  Once Demi went outside, I got up to go to my bathroom where I would sit for hours cutting my wrists and throwing up food. It's scary to think that it was 2 years ago. I picked up the blade sitting on the bathroom sink.

"Long time no see, old friend," I said to it, turning it around and around, examining it. The next thing I knew, it was on my wrist once again. When I saw the blood, it was like all of the pain releasing from my body. I screamed. Then cried. Then, the last thing I remember was seeing black.