Chapter 17- Party

So, in this chapter, Whitney sings "people like us" by Kelly Clarkson. For story purposes, let's pretend that she wrote it k thanksss<3 AND THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH FOR 10K READS I LOVE YOU GUYS DLKFJGVLDFGKFGKVFGN

*WHITNEY POV*

I wake up to the sound of Demi's voice singing to me.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Whitney, happy birthday to you!" She sang. I honestly forgot it was my birthday today. I faked a smile and told her thank you. I don't like my birthday at all. It just reminds me of the people who birthed me, and how broken I was a year ago. Hell, 3 months ago.

"Smile for real. It's your 16th! You've made it this far in life. You should be happy," Demi told me. I know I made it far. Most of me is still shocked that I did. I'm slowly coming out of the "you're dying" stage and into the "you'll be okay" stage.

"Thank you, Demetria Lovato!" I laughed. She gave me a cupcake that she was hiding behind her back. I smiled and slowly ate it.

"Let's get one thing straight... No party. Promise?" I gave her a glare.

"You have my word," she said, giving me a smirk. I have a feeling she's going to throw me a party.

____________________

*JORDAN POV*

I came to school, knowing Whitney wasn't going to be here. Demi was taking her out to do whatever she wanted. So, I took this opportunity to invite people to her party. I had already asked the principal if I could speak at lunch.

"Okay, so I'm sure most of you know Whitney Lovato, Demi Lovato's sister. If you don't know her, look her up on youtube. She was on Ellen! Anyways, her birthday is today. She's not here, but yesterday, Demi asked me to invite you all to her house for a surprise party for Whitney. Demi would love it if you came!" I told basically the whole school. They were murmuring to their friends and laughing.

"I'll be there!" One kid said. It was Alyson, a girl in her choir class.

"Me too!" another girl said. That was Jaeda. They've been friends since the first day.

"I'll be there too..." someone spoke up. It was a familiar voice. It turned out to be Karalee. The girl that bullied her endlessly. "She deserves an apology from me. I know I hurt her and I'm sorry," she stepped out to the front. Once she said somehing, the whole school said they were going to come.

"I'm sure she would love to hear that," I told Karalee. I was satisfied with all of the people saying they were going to come.

"Remember that this party is for Whit. Don't pay attention to Demi the whole time." They all nodded. "See you saturday at 8!"

____________________

*WHITNEY POV*

"Happy birthday, babe," Jordan said to me over the phone.

"Thanks!"

"How does it feel to be 16?" I was walking with Demi, but wasn't really paying attention. I let out a big breath.

"Not that different. I feel the same as I did yesterday..." I heard him laugh which made me smile.

"I have two questions. Who is your favourite singer and what do you want for your birthday?" I didn't have tothink long and hard about it.

"Demi Lovato, duh, and honestly, you're my birthday present." I could see Demi smile from the corner of my eye. 

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"