Chapter 20- Moves Me

I'm sorry I haven't updated in like years or whatever but I've been really busy and I've had a bad winter break. But, I'm doing it now so no worries. Love you all<3 AND IM ALMOST TO 15K READS! THATS INSANE SO THANK YOU BUNCHES

*WHITNEY POV*

I was alone in Demi's room, watching her intensely, listening to the heart machine beep. She was put on a machie to make herbreathe because she couldn't do it on her own. I was texting Dallas, and I could tell that she was upset. I felt bad for not saving Demi.

D: How is she?

W: She still can't breathe on her own.

D: Is mom there yet?

W: She called and said she just landed. She said she'll be here soon. I'm really sorry.

D: It's not your fault, Whitney. Don't think about it that way.

W: I was asleep. I coud've stayed up, but I didn't.

D: It's okay. I have to go now. Text me if she wakes up. I love you.

W: I love you too.

I kept staring at her body, just lifeless. Her cuts were fresh from last night. Dried blood surrounded them. I moved her flawless, blue hair from her face, which was pale. I half smiled, thinking about all the great times we had together. I held her cold hand, hoping she could feel it so she could possibly wake up. She didn't flinch. I just want her back.

"Whitney?" Mom came in the room. I ran over to her and hugged her tight. I felt her start shaking, and I knew she was crying. 

"I am so sorry. I knew she had been cutting, but I didn't say anything about it. I could have said something," I cried into her. She walked me over to Demi's bed and I sat in the chair next to it.

"It's okay. I'm not angry. No one is. Demi made her own actions," she said. he stroked Demi's hair and held her hand, "Maddie is a little shooken up. So is Eddie. But they're managing."

"What if she doesn't wake up?" I asked her. She just shook her head and started crying.

"There is honestly nothing we can do at this point," She laid her head into her hands and sobbed harder.

"I remember the day she came out of treatment. She was so happy. Since then, she was happier. As she got older, she got even better," mom paused for a second, then continued, "I knew she was putting too much stress on herself. She was doing 6 different things in one day. Her life wasn't supposed to end this way. She was supposed to live happily ever after with Wilmer. Well, that's how I saw it in my head, but I just wish she hadn't made this decision. I'd rather her cut forever, than me lose my daughter." She wiped her tears and looked at me.

"She's the best thing that's ever come into my life. I was an only child with no one to guide me. Now, how am I supposed to stay strong if the girl who saved my life could die?" I honestly couldn't cry anymore. My voice was raspy and my head hurt.

A doctor came into the room and she took out her clipboard. She wrote some things down and then looked at me and Mom.

"She's in a deep coma. The pills she took were perscription sleeping pills. It's undetermined when she will wake up. To be honest, she might not, but it's always a possibility. Oh, and could you keep the fans away from the doors? They're blocking them." The lady said. I nodded and got up.

"Yeah, I'll go tell them," I walked past the doctor and over to the elevator. I pushed the button and it opened automatically. Troy, Demi's manager, was standing there.