Chapter 14: New Friend

Cole's P.O.V   

I'm walking from the grocery store, with two bags of food in each hand, when I hear it. I'm just about to walk past an alley, when I hear a large crash coming from one of the dumpster. What the heck was that? I walk into the alley,and look inside one of the dumpsters, when I look inside, I gasp, inside the dumpster, are two kids, a boy and girl, they look pretty beaten up, there are scratch marks everywhere on their bodies, I realize that I can't just leave them here like that.

I put down my bags of groceries, and start to lift them out of there, I lift the boy first, I grab underneath his armpits, and haul him over the dumpster, once he's over the dumpster, I place him on the ground next to my groceries, next I work on the girl, because she's a girl, I realize that I have to lift her more carefully.

I place one of hands underneath her legs, the other on her back, I lift her up carefully, with her still in my arms, I realize that I can't carry them both to my house, without leaving one of them here for some perverted asshole to find them, I get an idea. With the girl still in my arms, I lift up the boy, he feels very light, almost like paper, same with the girl, I place him on top of her, making sure they're both secure in my arms, then I grab my groceries, and start to run to my house which is only two blocks away.

Once I'm at my two story house, I grab my keys out of my pants pocket,which is very hard to do so, but I do it,I get my house key, unlock my door, step inside,  close the door and lock it. Once I am inside, I walk over and pull out my pull-out couch and place both of them on it side by side. I place a blanket over them to keep them warm, then I head into the kitchen to start to make dinner.                                     

A/N Cole is a boy, just so you know