Chapter 15:A place to call home

Drew's P.OV
I wake up, all bruised and broken, I see that I'm on a pull-out couch, with a blanket over me, I look to my left and see Jasper,  who's still unconscious. I sit up, very carefully, I hear someone whistling, and some pots and pans clanging around.

I get up from the couch,careful not to wake Jasper, once I put my foot down, I almost fall, I must've hurt it during the crash-landing, I limp towards the kitchen, I make it to the doorway, and push the door open, my mouth drops open in shock; in the middle of the kitchen is this huge white marble table, with the same colored chairs as the table color, across the table, banging pots and pans, mumbling curse words underneath his breath, is a boy, from the back I can tell he's white, he has blonde hair, suddenly a finger taps me on my shoulder, making me jump about five feet in the air.

I turn around and it's Jasper, he has a finger to his lips, he takes his finger off his lips and clears his throat. 

The boy turns around, once he sees us he starts talking," oh.you're awake, I made us something to eat, if you sit down, I'll be more than happy to the explain why and how you got here" he takes  three plates from a cabinet and sets them on the table, on the plates are rice and chicken, he takes a seat and starts to eat, me and Jasper take the two seats across from him and start to eat.

While eating, we tell him, how we ended up in the dumpster when we got to the part where I nicknamed the dude Ken, his response is," Ken?, man, nice one, I wish all girls had a badass mouth like you" I smile at his comment, he makes some more comments like,"that loony bin did experiments on you!, what a wacko!" or " you two stole some of his weapons, nice" when we finish telling the story, he hated Ken just as much as we did.

He started talking," that jackass belongs in a mental hospital, oh, by the way, my name's Cole". I tell him," my name's Drew, that's Jasper, hey Cole you want to see the weapons we stole?" He nods, we get up from the kitchen to demonstrate our weapons, I show him mine first, I take the bracelets off and throw them up in the air and catch them in my hands.

Cole's mouth drops open, than Jasper throws one of his daggers and there's a wolf in the living room, Cole tries to speak but he's so surprised, that he can't get a single word out. Jasper puts his animal daggers away, and my samurai swords turn back into bracelets.

Once Cole has his mouth closed up, he starts to say how cool our weapons are, when a police siren cuts him off, it fades away, Cole groans and says," man, that's about the fifth siren I've heard in two weeks, I don't care how many people are found murdered, the least those damn rent-a-cops could do is turned the siren off"  Cole stops his ranting, when he sees that me and Jaspers mouths are open,"oops, did I just say that out loud?" he grins sheepishly. I know the exact same thought me and jasper are thinking, murders?.