Chapter 18: The boys find out

Drake's P.O.V

I stare in horror as Drew, my sister, falls to the kitchen floor, shaking like she's having a seizure. Jasper jumps down to the floor beside her," holy shit, Drew!". I get on the floor next to her and feel her forehead than pull my hand back like I got shocked by lightning,she's burning up.

" Jasper, Drake, pick her up and carry her upstairs to my bedroom, I'll get a thermometer"says Cole. He rushes off somewhere, probably to look for the thermometer, meanwhile Jasper and I  carefully lift Drew off of the floor. Jasper has her legs while I have her underarms, slowly we make our way towards the stairs then go up them. When we reach the top we go down the hallway and stop at a door at the end of it, this must be Cole's bedroom, I think.

We walk to the bedroom with Jasper walking backwards, with one hand, he opens the door and we walk inside, inside the room is a bed, with the covers pulled off, a shelf that's stacked with comic books, and next to the bed is a bedside table, and on the table is a lamp and trophies, we place Drew on the bed, now that I'm close to her I can clearly see that she's sick.

Her cheeks are flushed red, her face is ghostly pale, and she sneezes every once in a while,we hear footsteps pounding up the stairs, and there in the doorway is Cole with a thermometer in his hand. He comes over to Drew's side, sees that she's sleeping and says,"hey guys, why don't we take her temperature when she wakes up, besides isn't the best thing for sick people, is plenty of rest?" Cole asks us, me and Jasper look at each other, than at Cole, Jasper says," yeah, besides, I would like to hear why she's sick this time"

Cole and I share a look of confusion on our faces,this time?. Jasper explains," During the experiments that Ken gave us, his assistant, Jane, stuck a needle in Drew,and that gave her powers; the side-effect was that she'd gotten sick, little bit of heads-up, when Drew's sick, she gets a bit whiny. In the cell when I had to give her some soup, I had to spoon feed her because where his assistant struck her arm with the needle that part was numb so I had to feed her.

Whenever I tried to, she kept on turning her head to the side or she wouldn't open her mouth, or she would just let me feed her but she wouldn't swallow it, it took me tickling her to get her to open her mouth up,when I got the medicine surprisingly she didn't put up a fight, the next day she was better"

Cole and me nod, I sat," so you think with us, she's gonna act of he same way she did with you?" Jasper nods and says,"maybe even worse" I say with a slight smile on my face" well, there are three of us, and one of her, I don't think we'll have a problem" suddenly we hear a groan coming from Drew, we turn our attention back to the bed, and there she is sitting up and rubbing her eyes, well, I think, maybe it won't be so bad like Jasper says.