Chapter Ten: Escape

Drew's P.O.V. 

After Jasper and I had found out that we had powers, we decided to test them out some more, and I decided that the only way to test them out was to use  them to try and escape. When nighttime came around, we started our plan.

We both wore the darkest blue t-shirts we had, we had on black jeans as well, we've also been practicing our powers. I'm standing infront of the cage door trying to call upon my fire power, my left hand is turned palm up, Jasper is encouraging me on.

I stare at my hand concentrating hard, just when I think we're gonna have to this another day, a ball of fire is in the palm of my hand, it's about the size of a baseball, who am I kidding, it is the size of a baseball.

I hurl my arm back and throw it at the metal doorknob, it hits straight on, burning the doorknob, the cage door swings open, me and jasper don't waste a second, we speed out of there,and head to the door.

Jasper stands infront of the keypad, and types in the numbers, I hear a familiar buzz and the door opens, we step into another room. In this room, I see all kinds of weapons, I walk towards one on the right side of the wall, I see swords, bows and arrows, throwing knives, and daggers, but what catches my eye, are the two bracelets in the blue velvet case.

One is so yellow, it shines like gold, the other one is so blue, it's like looking straight into the sky; right away I know I just have to have to them, I grab them and put them on my wrists, they fit perfectly, then I look up at the bow and arrows.

I've always dreamt what it would be like to shoot one of them, I want to take them with me too, but they're so heavy I know they would only slow me down, I decide that I'll come back for them later, but for now I take the bracelets.

I turn around to see Jasper stuffing two sets of daggers in each pants pocket, he turns around and grins at me, with a thumbs up. I grin back, we hurry over to a bookshelf that's in the room, above the bookshelf is an air vent. I start to climb, the bookshelf wobbles a bit but it doesn't fall, I reach the top and start to pull of the air vent off, it comes free, and I climb through, my entire body fits in easily.

Jasper is right behind me, we get on our hands and knees and crawl forward, not long we come to another air vent, I tear off this one also and start to crawl out of it, feet first, once I'm on the floor, Jasper comes out.

We stand side by side looking at the room we're in, it's completely bare, on the other side is the door, Jasper is about to walk across, when I put a hand out to stop him, I tell him," it looks way too easy, blow frost on it" I tell him to blow frost on it because frost is like powder.

He takes a deep breath and blow, out his mouth comes frost and once the frost reaches the floor, I see red lazer beams all across the floor, I should have known that blonde son of a bitch wouldn't make it that easy. I take a step forward, and start to weave my way through the lazer beams, Jasper is right behind me, we're almost too the door, when I hear Jasper making a sound that means he's about to sneeze.

I turn my head around and mouth the words," don't sneeze, don't sneeze!" it's too late,"ahhchoooo!!" his head goes flying upwards, hitting dead on one of the beams, suddenly they all disappear and there's a siren going off, and we hear footsteps coming out way, we turn around and try to make a run for it, only to land smack dab into none another then the blonde bitch Ken.

He smirks and says,"well, well, well, look what we have hear, two runaways, who are completely failing at their tasks, boys, grab them and take them back to their cages". They do as he says and takes us back to our cages, separating us, then the Ken replica says," I don't know why you try, sweetheart, you're never going to get out of here".

He walks away, goes to the door, presses the same buttons, and walks through, the door closes behind him. It's after that bastard's gone that I allow myself to smile, I'm smiling because he didn't noticed that the bracelets that I had stolen, were still on my wrists. If that jackass thinks he's won, then he'd got another thing coming his way.