Chapter 16:Getting sick and lying

Jasper's P.O.V.

Drew and I stare at Cole in shock,it's drew who speaks," murders?, people are being murdered here,how many?" Cole sighs and says," about eight people, they think the person's a serial killer because on each and every victim the cops find, the person's eyes are gone" .

Wow, I think, I knew serial killers take trophies of their victims, but this dude must be insane. Suddenly Drew yawns, then I do too, Cole says," hey maybe you should get some sleep," Drew nods and says," yeah, you're right,might Cole" Cole smiles and says,"night" he heads upstairs, probably to his bedroom.

Drew and I go over to the pull-out couch, she says," now you have to sleep on this mattress, or couch, whatever, you have to sleep on it!" I chuckle and head to the couch and lay down, Drew lays down next to me, I pull her close to my chest and we both fall asleep.

Sometime around midnight, I wake up, I'm awake because I hear someone puking in the bathroom, I realize Drew's gone, could she be sick ?. I head down this hallway and stop at the bathroom door, I knock on it gently and whisper,"Drew, you in there?" I hear a toilet flush, the door opens and there's Drew, her cheeks are flushed red, fever red, I ask her " Drew, are you sick, I heard you throwing up" she leans against the doorway and says," Nah, Jasper, I'm not sick, it's just that some of Cole's food didn't sit well with my stomach, I just had a stomach ache, that's all."

She smiles, I'm about to ask her if I can feel her forehead, when Cole's doorbell rings, suddenly there's Cole rushing past us to answer the door, I hear him open the door and he's talking to someone.

I'm about to put my hand against Drew's forehead when Cole rushes back up the stairs, he has this weird look on his face, he turns to Drew and says," I thought you said, that you and Jasper, were the only ones there" now with a confused look on her face Drew answers," we were,we both only met each other, why?" Suddenly Cole gets up real close to Drew's face like he's searching for something, then he says," because there's a guy downstairs that says he's Drew's brother".