Chapter 27:Discovering the Body

Drew's P.O.V.

After we finish training, we head back inside to eat.  Jasper, Drake, and I sit down at the same table while Cole cooked us some spaghetti and meatballs, we dig into it almost immediately.

Surprisingly the boys don't eat like total slobs or pigs, they actually have manners. Once we're done with our meal, we take turn washing the dishes, once that's done, we head into the living room, sit on the couch and talk, I say," so, what are we gonna do?" Cole says," first we're going to need some more information about how the people are getting murdered and when, and if the murderer is a women or man, but I say it's probably a man tho,".

Drake raises an eyebrow and says," oh yeah?, what makes you so sure it's not a women whose doing this?" Cole explains," because, women are usually neat freaks, and men don't pick up after themselves, if the murderer was a women, than she wouldn't want to have a messy dead body, she would've cleaned up the bloody mess, the police said that it looked like the eyes were carved out of the head, a woman would've just shot the victims in the eyes, but it the man wanted it to be bloody and messy, so he carved the eyes out, I would have to say he stabbed them directly in the eye before carving them out,".

I stare at Cole and nod, knowing his information about the killer is right. Jasper says," okay​, so but why the eyes, why not any of the other body parts?" .I think about killers and their pasts," maybe he doesn't want the victim to see him or he's afraid of how he looks himself, or maybe he has some deformity with his eyes, like mis-matched or something?" the guys nod in agreement.

I yawn, Cole says," hey. we should all get some sleep, we've had a long day, Drake, Jasper, I have a blow-up mattress,you guys can use that, while Drew takes the couch"  I say," okay​" Drake and Jasper nod, Cole gets up and come back with the blow-up mattress, he blows it up and places it next to the couch.

He says goodnight and heads upstairs to his own bedroom, I hear his door shut close, a second later, Drake and Jasper lay down on the mattress, leaving a huge space between him, they say," goodnight , Drew" and they fall asleep.I lay down on the pull-out couch, pull the blanket over me, and fall asleep. ........thump.

My eyes snap open at the sound, I sit up and look around, mm, everything looks normal here, maybe it came from outside. So I get up off the couch, step over Drake and Jasper, head to the front door and unlock it, I step out into the cool, dark night, I leave the door open, I walk down the stairs and I'm on the sidewalk,I look up and down but I don't see anything, I start to walk behind the apartment and into the alley, it's dark and grimy.

I see something on top of the garbage bags next to the dumpster, I walk towards it and stop when I'm standing infront of it. I'm able to get a closer look. My eyes widened, my mouth drops open in shock and terror, I stare at it thinking, it's not real, it's not real, it can't be real! but somehow I know it is.

What I'm starting at is the dead body of a white man, he has brown pants on, and dress shoes, he has light blue button up shirt, the top of his head is covered with brown hair. I bend down next to him to get a closer look, I'm on my knees,  I check for a pulse, but I don't feel one, I get up from the ground and turn back around to go into the house to call nine-one-one, when I feel a grip on my wrist, a cold hard grip.

I turn my head around and look down at my arm and stare in complete horror at the hand that's gripping my wrist, I follow the hand and see that it's attached to the body I found, I don't move, I don't even breath, I just stare at the body as it starts to talk,"help.....me.....please.." I scream.