XLIX

Justin POV

"Well, I'm stuffed," Jason says as he finishes the last cookie.

"And I'm exhausted," I groan.

I lie beside Jason with sweat dripping. Jason gives me a disgusted look and quickly gets up.

"Can you turn the fan on?" I ask Jason.

"Ugh, fine," Jason responds.

He reluctantly turns the fan on and goes to my book shelf. I tug my shirt off and lie back down. I put my hands under my head and close my eyes. Jason and I stay silent, and I almost fell asleep a couple of times.

"You're so fucking sexy," Jason says while looking at the books in my shelf.

My breath hitches and my eyes bulge out. Not literally, of course. Did he just say that? Dafuq?

"Excuse me?" I say blushing, remembering when Jason said those exact words while we were making out.

"Huh? Oh, sorry. I wasn't talking about you. I noticed you had a book about Justin Timberlake," Jason says holding the book up.

"Oh," is all I can say.

"Why the hell do you have a book about Justin Timberlake though?" Jason asks chuckling.

"I don't know," I respond embarrassed.

"If it makes you feel any better, I have the whole series of the Hannah Montana books," Jason says.

"Uhm, why is that?" I say giving him a weird look.

"Huge fan back then," Jason says shrugging.

"Hey, can we go back to your mom?" Jason asks as he turns around to face me.

"Huh? Why?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.

"You're being boring," Jason bluntly says.

"Excuse me? I can be very entertaining! Heck, I was just entertaining you by dancing!" I say sassily.

"Yeah, but then you stopped because you're tired. Plus, I finished my cookies. Now what?" Jason says pouting.

"Do you want to levitate?" I ask remembering that was in his to-do list.

"For real? Yes please!" Jason yells enthusiastically.

I'm no genius, but I'm pretty sure it's not possible. It's entertaining him, and it doesn't hurt to try. So why not?

***

We both thank my mom for driving us to our destination and get out off the car. Ahead of us are just miles of snow. We start to walk and Jason stops when we just had taken ten steps.

"Fuck, I'm so fucking cold in this fucking place. Can we get the fuck out of here?" Jason says with chattering teeth.

"How are you cold with that bigass jacket, gloves, boots, and scarf? And don't fucking swear so much, Jason," I say rolling my eyes.

"You can't tell me what to do. How are you not freezing? You fucking just have a sneakers, a scarf, and a jacket!" Jason exclaims.

"Eh, I've grown quite use to the coldness. You're freezing because you come from Vegas, a warm place."

Jason turns around and frowns when he notices that my mom drove off already. No turning back now.

"Why is it so damn foggy?" Jason asks squinting trying to figure what's behind all that fog.