Chapter Twenty-One

21. Surprise Surprise

Kate Rodriguez

I was in my room watching tv like always and crying my eyes out. I couldn't believe that I trusted Alex over Chyna and Stephanie. They were right and now I ruined my friendship. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. I got up and went to go open it. But who I saw was so unexpected that I didn't even know how to react.

"What are you doing here?"

"Miss me." Hakeem said.

"Keem, how did you get here?" I asked.

"What? Am I not allowed to see my wife?" Hakeem said.

"I'm not your wife at least not anymore." I said crossing my arms in anger.

"Nah I get it. You hate me because I was an ass and because I didn't appreciate everything you did for me." Hakeem said.

"You damn right. We got married and you said that you would never hurt me again. And you lied." I expressed.

"I know. I was a dick and I'm sorry for that. I wish I could go back and take back the things that I've done, but I can't." Hakeem said.

"You didn't answer my question why are you here?" I repeated.

"I want you back Kate. You know you wouldn't be a rapper without me and I know you still feel for me." Hakeem said.

"The feelings I had for you disappeared once you were out of my life. Now would you please leave before we both do something we mignt regret." I threatened.

Hakeem smiled and walked away. I slammed the door behind him and sat down. How could this be happening to me right now? I thought I was done with all of this. Hakeem was gone and Alex helped me through that time in my life and now things have changed.

~The Next Day~

Chyna Jones

Waking up the next morning made me feel like the happiest woman in the world. After what happened last night, Tremaine and I have decided to officially start over. We wanted to go bacm to the days when we used to date back im high school. Maybe just maybe that things will be ok.

I began to get naseous, so I ran to the bathroom and threw up. I felt last night's oysters coming up. It tasted better going down than when it came back up. Afterwards, I splashed some water on my face and rinsed my mouth out. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. I walked quickly to the door and saw Kate standing there.

"Hey." Kate said.

"Hey." I said.

It was awkward to see her after a couple of days. The only question was why was he here? I thought she hated me for not accepting her terrible relationship with Alex.

"Can I come in?" Kate asked.

"Yea sure." I said moving to the side.

Kate walked in and just stood there. Then she turned around and faced me and scoffed. "I shouldn't be here."

"Why did you come?" I asked.

"Honestly, I have no idea. I guess there was no one else to turn too. I mean you and Stephanie are the only people in my life besides who actually gives a shit. You guys are my family and I wouldn't change if for the world." Kate said.

"And we still do, you know. And we still are family. Kate just because we fight a lot doesn't mean we stop being family." I said.

"Yea I know. And I'm sorry for pushing you guys away and being such a selfish and insensitive bitch. You guys knew that Alex wasn't right for me and although I had to admit...you guys were right." Kate said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"He played me. He only wanted because he knew that I was vulnerable to the fact that Keem was gone and he just wanted sex...amazing sex." Kate said.

I smiled. Kate smiled back. I walked up to her and gave her a big hug. She hugged back. I was glad that Kate came to me because I really missed her. She is my best friend and I will be damned if anything happened to her.

"But that wasn't even the worst part." Kate said.

I pulled away. "What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Keem is back. He came and saw me last night." Kate revealed.

"What? What did he want?" I asked.

"I don't know and that's the thing. He didn't tell me we just talked about the past and he just walked away. He wants to get back together." Kate explained.

"Are you gonna get back together with him?" I asked.

"I don't know. I mean I ain't gonna lie I still love him but I'm going to go through what happened last time again. He needs to know that I've built a life and he wasn't apart of it." Kate expressed.

I smiled and just hugged her again. I was really missed Kate.

Hakeem Michaels

Hotline Bling x Drake was playing as I was on my way to see Alex. I know this nigga was messing around with Kate whilst I was in the joint, but he fucked up making her cry. I knew no matter how mad Kate was mad at me, she could never hid her tears from me. He messed with wrong girl.

I got to his apartment and knocked on the door. He opened the door and wasn't surprised to see me. He walked away from the door and headed back to whatever he was doing which was nothing.

"I know why you here." Alex said.

"You know I'm about to kick your ass then." I said.

"Look Keem man, you don't understand. She was a major pain in my asd and everything she said was boring as fuck. I only wanted cause she was easy." Alex admitted.

"I told yo ass to look after her when I was gone, not fuck her and break her heart!" I yelled.

"Yea man, if you haven't noticed by now but uh, I don't listen. I do what the fuck I want to do and yoy can do nothing about it." Alex said.

"Oh yea, we'll see about that."

...