Chapter Ten

10. I Love You 2 the Moon and Back

Chyna Jones

Today was the day! My sister was getting married and I couldn't be happier for her. This was her day and I was going to make sure that nothing and no one was going to mess this up for her. I woke up this morning and had already taken a shower and was about to get dressed when I heard a knock at the door. I firmly wrapped my towel around me and quickly went to go and answered the door. To my unexacting surprise it was Tremaine. I didn't even know why he was here let alone why he was even at my door.
"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Relax alright, I just came to pick you up for the wedding." Tremaine said.

"What? What happened to the car that was sent over?" I questioned.

"I don't know." Tremaine said.

I rolled my eyes and let Tremaine in. I raced back into my room and starting getting dressed. I put in my black strapless bra, black lace panties, the baby blue bridesmaids dress, and nude heels. I styled my hair into a bun wrapped with flowers and headed out. I needed help with the zipper because it was out of my reach. I didn't want to ask Tremaine for help because I was sick and tired of his bullshit. But it looked like I didn't have any other choice.
"Hey Trey!" I called out.

"Yea." He replied.

"I need you to help me do something." I said walking out of the room.

"What?" Tremaine questioned.

I walked towards him and turned around. "Can you zip this up for me?"

Tremaine was a little quiet at first. But this was just as awkward for him as it was for me. "Uh yea sure." I felt him approach me and become a little hesitant at first. Then he reached down my lower back grabbing the zipper and pulling it up. I felt how warm and soft his hand was causing me to get goosebumps. I bit my lip to stop me from making any noises because it'll only cause drama between us.
"Alright you're all set." Tremaine said.

I turned around and looked up at him. "Thanks."

"Yup." Tremaine said.

***

We arrived at the church and Tremaine and I went our separate ways. I headed towards where Nina and the rest of the bridesmaids were. I entered the room and found Nina in the center in her wedding dress. I began starstrucked and couldn't help but feel really emotional.
"How do I look?" Nina asked.

"..."

"Chyna, please tell cause I'm feeling self conscious right now." Nina said.

"No no, it's just you look really beautiful. Mom and dad would've been really proud of us." I said.

"Maybe." Nina said.

Before I began to cry, I reminded everyone to take their places so that we were able to start the wedding. We all scattered and began to prepare ourselves by finishing the last touches on our makeup, hygiene, and dresses. Once the music played the wedding began.

~

"You may now be seated." Reverend Michaels started. "Dear beloved, we are gathered here to join together Nina and Omar. These two have been through tough times and it's these tough times that has brought them together and has brought them here in the presence of God. Nina and Omar are the magnets that attract each other through time and through the heavens. With their love uplifting their spirits, there would be everything including attraction, loyalty, and devotion.
The couple has now written their own vows expressing their love for each other. As they vow before us, they are uniting their oath and love."