Part 2: Chapter Seven

7. Right is Right and Wrong is Wrong (Part 3)

Chyna Jones

Friday had soon arrived sooner than expected and it was time for anotner meeting. Casey had already texted me about the details and I had to be in tbe office by five, so I had time. I was about to take a shower when I got a call. I looked at my phone and saw that it was a blocked number. I answered.

"Hello." I said.

"You have a call from Emory Women's Correctional Facility from inmate...Nixie Brown. Do you accept?" The operator asked.

I froze. Why was the bitch calling me after all this time?

"You have a call from Emory Women's Correctional Facility from inmate...Nixie Brown. Do you accept?" The operator repeated.

"Yes." I said quickly.

"Hi Chyna." Nixie said.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Is it a crime for me to call an old friend of mine just to check in." Nixie said.

"First off, we're not friends. You're nothing but a sociopathic bitch who lives only to ruin other people's lives." I said.

"Not everyone's just yours." Nixie said.

"What do you want Nixie?" I asked again.

"I heard you were testifying against me which isn't a surprise I guess. I mean I did almost kill you." Nixie said.

"Oh trust me you did a lot more than that." I said.

"Yea but you deserved it. You took everything from me and I was just repaying the favor." Nixie said.

"I've done nothing wrong." I said.

"Really? You took my boyfriend, my popularity, my loyalties, my respect. I was destroyed and all because of you." Nixie explained.

"That was years ago." I said. "You just hate not being in control."

"Maybe, maybe not. But remember this cause I won't be repeating this, if you testify against me I will kill you and that's a promise. I will take everyone you love away from you and then and only then will you feel the pain that I felt." Nixie said hanging up.

I took the phone from my ear and locked it. Threatening me wasn't exactly something that I took under consideration, but the way Nixie said told me that she was serious. I didn't understand why she was doing this to me. Why had this happened to me? I had the perfect life compared to what's happening now and being here in South Beach only caused me more pain than ever.

***

I entered Casey's office and saw that everyone was waiting for me. Stares and disturbing looks followed me until I got to my seat. I checked the time and saw that I was three minutes later.

"Glad you could join us." Casey said.

"Sorry I'm late traffic was unexpected and annoying." I lied.

"Whatever. You're here now so that's all that matters." Casey said.

I slightly smiled and then Casey began continuing where we left off last time. I didn't really pay that much attention because I was contemplating on whether or not to tell everyone what happened a couple of hours ago. On one side, there was certainity that her threat could her another charge and everyone I loved would be in danger. On the other side, not saying anything could free her and she would come after me again and she'd probably succeed. Both choices could affect my life and I wasn't prepared for the outcome. But which choice affected me the most? Was I ever gonna feel safe again?