Part Two: Chapter Sixteen

16. Sorry

~A Few Days Later~

Tremaine Neverson

I've been terrified ever since the phone call I've gotten a couple of days ago. I didn't think that something like this would happen again. I mean after all the shit, everyone had to sacrifice and this shit comes back in our lives. I haven't told Chyna yet because I'll know she'll freak out and she'll worry too much. But I have got to keep something like this away from her. But I don't know for how long.

Today I got a call from my mother because she's been really cranky about me not visiting her in a while. I did miss everyone back home and it's been crazy. Moms went back home to Petersburg, VA once I graduated high school. She said that now that I was man that whatever I decided to do was my choice. The funny thing about this whole thing was that I hadn't told her that Aiesha and I broke off our engagement.

I hadn't told her that Chyna and I are back together.

That we could've had a baby but we lost it.

My ex almost killed my current girlfriend.

And that recently, the same crazy bitch called me telling me things that would scare anyone shitless.

My life is one motherfucking roller coaster ride.

It's weirder for me to tell Chyna that I'm going to see my mother when she hasn't even made amends with her own. It sucks that Chyna was abandoned when she was younger but everyone makes mistakes and sometimes things change. But I can't tell if it's for the best or the worst yet.

I barely got any sleep, so this morning it was easy for me to roll out of bed. I headed into the kitchen and seen Chyna cooking breakfast. She is the best. I crept behind her and wrapped my arms around her making her smile and giggle ( I just have that effect on women ).

"Morning." I said kissing Chyna's cheek.

"Morning. Someone's a little eager this morning." I said.

I smiled. "That's because I get to wake up next to the most beautiful woman in the world."

Chyna turned around and smiled again. "Aww babe."

I pressed my lips against hers giving her a quick peck before letting her go back to the cooking. I stepped to the side and seen the food that was already prepared. Waffles, strawberries, mangos, bacon, and orange juice. It really was amazing. It's crazy that Chyna wants to be a nurse and photographer when she should really be a cook but who knows things change.

"Hey babe." I said.

"Yea." Chyna said.

"I just got a call from my mom a few days ago..." I started.

"Yea? How is she?" Chyna asked.

"She's good. Uh she's having a family dinner this weekend." I said.

"Great." Chyna said. "We'll be there."

"Yea here's the thing, she doesn't know that we're back together." I said.

Chyna stopped in her tracks and did a dramatic head turn towards me. Chyna turned off the stove and placed her hands on her hips. "Excuse me?" Chyna questioned. "You didn't tell your mother about us. Seriously?"