Chapter Fifteen

15. Hidden Secrets

Chyna Jones

I woke up this morning lying next to Tremaine feeling wrong. I remembered what happened last night and I just felt awful. How I could this to myself? How could I do that to Trey after we've gotten everything back on track? I was such a monster and I knew it.

I slipped out of bed and went into the kitchen to make some coffee. My mind was racing on how to tell Trey. I didn't know if he'd be mad or hurt by what I've done. But I just hope that he forgives me for it! My thoughts were interrupted when someone knocked on the door. Who.in their right mind would be here so early in the morning? I opened the door and couldn't believe my eyes.

"Sushi?" I questioned.

"What's up bitches?" Sushi yelled.

"Oh my god, how are you?" I said giving her a hug.

"I've been good. How are you?" Sushi asked.

"Good. Shit, it is so good to see you." I said.

"You too? So where's Stephanie?" Sushi asked.

"Oh she's not here. She lives downtown with her new boyfriend." I explained.

"Shit really? New boyfriend well good for her. I'm glad she moved on from the Alex mess." Sushi said.

"And have you moved on from the Hakeem drama?" I asked.

"Hells yea. He is right where he needs to be cause I was so tired of being that girl who always thinks that the bad boy act was attractive. I'm so done." Sushi said.

"Do you visit him?" I asked.

Sushi shook her head. I knew better than anyone that going through something like this was hard. But I was glad that Sushi was getting through it and I hope that she knows that I'll always be here for her no matter what the deep and tough shit that she's going through. She is after all my best friend and I would never stop loving her.

"So what brings you back here in South Beach?" I asked changing the subject.

"What do you mean?" Sushi questioned. "I was in the neighborhood and I thought I'd come and see my bestest friends in the whole wide world."

I laughed. "No seriously. What brings you here? I mean I heard that you've been rapping and shit doing tours. Sounds like you've been living the good life."

Sushi sighed. "Yea its all good and everything but..."

"But?"

"I guess you can that I've missed being home. I mean touring around the world and seeing thousands of fans is great and all but I miss it here. Its where you and Stephanie are. Its where Sean is and I need to come back home to my family. The one who always held me down from the beginning." Sushi explained.

I was tearing up a little bit. "Shit. Thats deep Kate."

"Yea I know. So can I stay here for a couple of days before I head home?" Sushi said.

"Um sure. But be reminded that Trey and I have lots of sex and you might be hearing things you don't want to hear." I teased.

"Eww, gross. This ain't fifty shades of grey. Nasty ass motherfuckers.'' Sushi commented.

I laughed and before I could say anything, Tremaine came in the kitchen. He was shocked just as I was when I opened the door. Kate and Tremaine hugged each other and caught up on the past few years and Kate told me the same thing she told me. But what happened last night between Michael and I was something that I couldn't get past. I love Tremaine...I really do and for me to do that to him was unacceptable and cruel. I never should've have done it and I hope maybe that I could talk to him before things end up getting out of proportion.