Chapter Seventeen

17. Sorry

Tremaine Neverson

It's been a couple of days since I broke up with Chyna and I've regretted it. What I did was stupid and now Chyna has moved on and it's all my fault. Chyna was my world and she hates me and who knows what she's doing right now. I really messed up this time and it's all because of how selfish I was over the fact that she slept with someone else.

I knockee on the door hoping that she would open the door. But what was I going to say? Will she slam the door in my face? Will she forgive me for being a major ass? My thoughts were interrupted when Chyna opened the door and seemed surprised.

"Hey." I said.

"Trey, what are you doing here?" Chyna asked.

"I wanted to come see you." I said.

"For what? We aren't together anymore so what makes you think that I wanna see you." Chyna stubbornly said.

"Look I know I've been a jerk and I wanted to say I'm sorry." I apologized.

"Whatever." Chyna said. "I'm over it and I'm over you."

"Seriously? You mean that?" I questioned.

"Yea. Look, Trey I'm sick and tired of us arguing over dumb shit and going back and forth with you. I'm just really tired of being with someone that doubts the relationship. I'm tired of being with someone that doesn't trust enough." Chyna said.

"Chyna I'm not here to get you back. I'm here to just let you know that I was an ass and you deserve better than me. I'm sorry that I couldn't... that we couldn't be what you wanted." I said.

"Yea." Chyna said.

There was an awkward silence for a second and thats when I gave her a quick smile, I walked away. I don't expect for Chyna to forgive me, but judt letting her know that I was sorry was enough. I'm gonna miss her and I just hope that she realizes that.

I exited the building and got into my car. I didn't know whether to drivr home or not, but there was actually one place that I wanted to go too. Somewhere that I haven't been in a long while.

I pulled up to the house admiring how it hasn't changed one bit. I took the keys out of the ignition and walked to the front porch. I knocked on the door and a few seconds later, the door opened.

"Well well well, long time no see."

"Hi Ma." I said.

"My sweet and precious Tremaine, what brings you here?" Ma asked.

"Can't I visit my own mother to see how she's doing?" I asked.

Ma let me in and closed the door. Being home was a strange feeling. I haven't been at home ever since graduation and after that home never seemed to be the place to come back to... until now.

"You want something to eat, you look skinny." Ma said.

"Ma, I work out a lot." I said.

"Yea but we from the south and my baby does not need to walking round here looking like a damn zombie." Ma expressed.

"Ok." I said.

The both of us walked into the kitchen and I sat at the tabld while Ma fixed me a plate. "So how's Chyna?" Ma asked.

"Chyna? How did you know?" I asked.

"Child I'm your mother I know everything. Plus, I knew that other girl wasn't for ya anyways." Ma said.