Chapter One

1. New Lives

Chyna Jones

Waking up in my new condo made me feel great and then again awful, considering that I had just partied the night before because it was a housewarming party. Everyone came Nina, Omar, Stephanie, her new bae Trell, and my new friend Yana from my new job that I actually start today. I was really excited to be starting this new life after the college drama that I don't have to deal with anymore. Its been three years since I've seen Tremaine and yes we are broken up. But it was a good reason and I've been happier since then. No more drama is gonna enter my life and I'm going to make sure of that. 

I got out bed and made my way over to the shower to wake myself up. Afterwards, I got dressed. I put on a black pencil skirt, a nude tank top, and some nude flats. I left my curly hair alone and just let it hang out. I applied some dark red lipstick and some fake eyelashes and I was out. In Cali, it was mega hot and I wasn't tryna sweat neither. 

I entered the parking lot and got into my brand new red 2015 Ford Focus and drove off to work. I turned on the radio and Chris Brown x Liquor came on. I turned up the radio and listened to what Chris Brown was saying.

Gone off that liquor

I just wanna give you my, give you my heart (Oh!)

Acting 'cause you faded,

Gone off that liquor

Girl you're my masterpiece, you're my art

Shine like a diamond, beauty so priceless girl

Valentine, my sweetheart

I'm gonna love you, baby don't worry

And if you're ready, I'ma give you my heart

Right now girl, baby come over, so we can make love

Girl this is all yours

If I don't give it to you, be callin' like crazy

When I break you off, you be callin' me baby

I know why you're trippin', 'cause my sex is amazing

  I was really feeling the song cause sometimes when that liquor get in your system, you might end up doing some crazy things and it reminded me so much of Tremaine. Although, we are broken up on some occasions I think about him because we were perfect for each other. And to see someone you care about so much that you would maybe die for them, can change you how you view life. So that's why I swore off men and I just needed to work on myself and I don't have to worry about anything else but me.

I pulled up to where Yana told me to meet her and I had to say that this place was amazing. I walked in and saw Yana at the back on the phone, so I just waited. While I was waiting, I explored and by the looks of it was an art studio and everything was just so beautiful. I mean with me being an art fanatic, this was like my paradise and I couldn't believe that this was where I would be working. 

"Chyna." I heard Yana call.

"Yea." I said turning around.

Yana walked next to me. "I see you've seen 'The Lady in Red'." She said.

"Yea I mean its beautiful. Who did it?" I said.

"An amateur by that name Aj." Yana said. "He came in here 3 months ago and begged us to put his painting up and when we finally did, someone offered him $15,000 for it and we sold his paintings ever since."